Chapter 78 - Winter Nights Festival

There are two ways a swordsman can become a sword master.

Firs is they reach the peak of self-realization and they acknowledge their desire. They gather the highest forms of swordsmanship all around the world and combine it into their own. These types of sword masters takes decades and even centuries for some to complete regardless of talent.

Another way is for them to be assisted by elemental creatures that was at the top of their own elements. Dragons, phoenixes, fairies, even some wyverns that can manipulate small amounts of elemental magic can assist humans in becoming the epitome of the sword by granting their power.

Gideon was the latter.

Though he had talent, his estimation to become the youngest sword master would still be a few months away before the year leaps to another. But instead, his pace was fastened when a mythical creature such as the blue dragon manifested during his magic diversion.

Slashing the sword, Gideon stood still as the magical beast was lying on the ground with its blood pouring out of its body.

"The sword of the seas, what is this?" He inquired while staring at the sword that had the most unique pattern he ever saw.

But the creature did not respond to his call.

"You're not going to answer after giving me such horrible nightmares?" He inquired and stared at the now lifeless Pier on the ground.

He clenched his hands and gritted his teeth in anger.

The sword emitting a stronger glow and a water-like flow left a trail whenever he moved it.

"Tell me, how do I get out of this nightmare?" Gideon asked and this time, the blue dragon responded.

"You will wake up when the time is right." It spoke and Gideon sighed in frustration.

"WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT? DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FROM THE YOUNG MASTER?!" He raged and randomly slashed around the place.

The sword was emitting so much power that it started to create ripples in the place he was in. It was as if he was cutting through paper and slits of reality were seen.

"WHAT IF THE YOUNG MASTER IS SUFFERING RIGHT NOW?! I AM NOT BY HIS SIDE!" His eyebrows were furrowed.

"..."

"BRING ME BACK TO MY MASTER THIS INSTANT, DRAGON!" He trembled in anger but the dragon was not letting him go back.

"Your master can handle himself. Take time to learn and wield the sword of the seas first." The mythical creature responded quite calmly.

"YOU DO NOT KNOW MY MASTER! HE MAY BE STRONG BUT HE'S FRAIL! HE NEEDS MY PROTECTION! THERE'S NO ONE ELSE FOR HIM!" He retorted while screaming his lungs out and he continued destroying the place.

Everything was making him miserable.

Pier's dead body laying on a distance from him was the most irritable thing he ever saw. It was making his skin crawl and churning his stomach in an unpleasant way.

It may be on whatever dimension he is right now. A dream, a nightmare, whatever the dragon liked to call it. He wanted to get out and just go back to Pier.

He could not afford the thought knowing Pier was all alone in the kingdom with probably the threat of the prince that tried to kill him.

"There's another being inside your master, Gideon!" The voice spoke in his head and Gideon halted for a second.

"What..."

"Take time to learn your sword before you face your master! He's extremely powerful right now with the being living inside him!" Gideon was clenching the ancient sword in his hand so hard that it might break.