Chapter 5 - Returned (2)

A/N: I suggest everyone play the music I attached on the media while they read for a better reading experience! :D (You can play it right from the start)

---

Pier Belmiunde has returned.

The phrase kept on repeating itself in both the Crown Prince and the Young Duke's minds. They were instantly frozen on their spots along with the palace's knights and mages who had no clue what was happening.

He felt his heart beat faster in a short amount of time as the information started to sink in at his own self.

"Pier" Asher whispered as he aimlessly started to walk in the front lines where the knights of and mages from the House of Masters were all kneeling.

Step

The Crown Prince had a look of disbelief on his face.

Step

His hands shook for a moment and even amidst the cold breeze of the evening, he felt as if he was suffocated with the feeling he's getting.

Step

He staggered on his step and he felt dazed for a moment.

Step

Just outside the gates...

'Just outside the gates... Pier would be there' He thought as his individual steps started to become the pace suitable for a walk.

"Get out of the Crown Prince's way!" The Crown Prince's attendant spoke when he saw Asher start to go towards the front.

One by one, the knights and mages from the House of Masters got away from the way of Asher Lumiere.

'Pier...' His eyes were wide and his lips slightly trembled.

His steps started to even become faster until Asher was running.

"Your Highness!" Raphael called as he immediately followed the Crown Prince into the front lines that leads outside the gate.

---

"THE YOUNG MASTER HAS RETURNED!" The Knight Captain of the Belmiunde Household said and the said young master froze in his spot. 

"Father, aren't you creating a bit of a scenario?" Pier asked as he eyed Noah and the knight who was up at the tree.

They were staring at him as if he was some sort of a new organism that had evolved from the human specie. 

The Headmaster had an expressionless face once more as he stared at Pier down below.

"The entire household needs to greet the returning successor" He spoke before he turned his back and Pier's hand that was pointing at him started to move again.

Ronnovian gave him a side eye glance and Pier stopped for a moment.

'What was I thinking' He scolded himself as he brought his hand down.

"Y-Young Master?" Noah asked and Pier gave him a cold stare before he turned at Gideon.

"Where's Snow?" He asked and Gideon looked at another direction before he placed his fingers in his mouth and he whistled.

Neigh!

Pier heard the horse from afar and he sighed.

What was Ronnovian doing? 

Why did he bring the entire war force of the House of Masters at the Southern Wall? Just to greet his return? He did not find the excuse reasonable.