Chapter 166 - Dreams (2)

Floating at the top of a city, the vampire king stared aimlessly at the people who were walking the light-filled streets.

"We have scanned Taron's citizen record as well as scanned the nearby areas, master," a man beside him spoke.

Sighing, Ciaran massaged his temples as he was also starting to get slowly frustrated because he could not find a single person. He even had dead spirits searching for tombstones with the name of the person he needed to look for.

"What was Pier doing back at the palace?" He inquired.

"..." Fluffy paused for a second as he pondered over the thought and answer he should give to Ciaran.

Should he tell Ciaran that his lover was mentally torturing a lady from Taron? He was hesitant to do so.

The vampire king turned to look at him with a cold gaze making the fairy immediately answer.

"His majesty has started moving again, master," He spoke.

They could not remain stagnant now and rest forever. True, Mir had paused its invasion in Cresencia because Belmaid might interfere if there was no clear agreement between them. That's why they opted to talk with Belmaid's rulers first before completely terrorizing and taking over Cresencia.

But as time passed by, the threat of war was starting to get stronger once more. The smell of blood was close to filling the air as the days passed by.

Cresencia is an empire that occupied the largest portion of land on the continent. That meant their resources are also wide. Despite taking a massive downfall against their invasion from both Taron and Heron, any moment from now they would have the capacity to wage war again.

That's why Pier had taken the first step again into their games with Cresencia.

"I see," Ciaran turned to look back at the city with an observant gaze. Grabbing a stick from his pocket, the vampire king bit one end while lighting the other with his dark magic.

The initial reason why Pier wanted to invade Cresencia was to capture the Marquis and the Headmistress who had gone to hide there. One way to lure them out or make them act out was in Pier's hands.

The Marquis' daughter, Elena.

Since the Marquis was one of the two kings Cresencia planted in Taron then one of the best ways to get to him was through his daughter which he held dear.

"But who is the man you are looking for, master?" Fluffy asked.

Inhaling the smoke that came from the cigar, the vampire king then released a breath of it.

"A man who has been terrorizing him," he responded with coldness in his voice.

Alerted, the dead fairy immediately became alert.

"Terrorizing his majesty?!" He exclaimed with utmost surprise.

He could not believe what he had just heard. A man was terrorizing the young king and whom the vampire king was having a hard time looking for.

Who could even do that? Kings and Emperors alike pose no threat to them yet an unknown man was causing the white-haired king distress.

"A person frequently appeared in his dreams and Pier is becoming more and more restless as the days passed by." Ciaran clicked his tongue in annoyance.

On the other hand, Fluffy paused his thoughts.

"Dreams?" He asked again.

Nodding his head, Ciaran leaned his back on the chimney of the roof they were on.