Chapter 143 - Uncle Giddy

"Raegaaan!" Gideon called and the dragon ran away.

"Raegan, come to uncle, and let's play!" He beckoned once more but Raegan did not want to get close with the knight who coined himself as 'uncle'.

"Oh, look what I have here!" Gideon brought out a bunch of berries from his pockets and the dragon instantly stopped at the sight of the delicious-looking berries.

"Kruu?" The small dragon tilted his head to the side and Gideon smiled at it.

"Yes, come here to uncle and let me carry you hehehe," He laughed and swished the berries that were still hanging from the small branch with leaves.

Raegan took careful and slow steps towards the knight wearing a thick armor and when he reached Gideon's feet, Raegan looked up to see the berries.

His blue eyes sparkled and his cute pointed tail wagged.

"You love berries like uncle Gideon too?" The swordmaster asked when Raegan finally climbed up to his arms and nestled there while munching on the berries.

"I love the meat dad makes more!" Raegan suddenly spoke which spooked Gideon and earning the dragon a small screech of surprise from the knight.

But Gideon gently smiled when he saw that Raegan was enjoying the berries he brought.

It was Pier's adopted child.

A small dragon he got from the spoils of war in the Taron Kingdom. Could it even be considered as a spoil of war?

The mythical creature was like the reward Pier got after saving the kingdom from the enemy's forces.

"Your blue eyes resemble your dad's eyes, Raegan," Gideon started to walk while carefully carrying the dragon.

"Father says that a lot too! He says I look like dad because our eyes are the same!" Raegan happily spoke and Gideon chuckled at how cute it sounded.

"Really? His majesty does?" Grabbing a few more berries from his pocket, Gideon fed more to the dragon and Raegan happily obliged.

"Yes!" Raegan responded and the two were soon enclosed in a comfortable silence as Raegan continued to eat the berries Gideon brought with him.

A few moments later, Raegan spoke again.

"But... what is an uncle, uncle?" The child inquired in which Gideon scratched his cheek.

"Uhm... Hmm, something like your dad's friend that you can also consider your father!" The knight explained and Raegan's eyes widened.

"I have many fathers?"

"Why yes, even the scary-looking man that is always beside your father is your other uncle too," The knight referred to the dead fairy that was always commanding the forces that are marching and destroying cities left and right.

"So, you are my father too?"

"Yes. But your number one and first father is his majesty," He brought his hands up to Raegan's cheeks and squished them slightly. The fat that was starting to slowly accumulate in the dragon's face was very cute.

Raegan was always eating.

It had been two weeks ever since Pier and Ciaran decided to stop the invasion in the Cresencia Empire to fulfil their final goals and ever since that time, Raegan did not stop eating.

"Then are you my second father?" The dragon was continuously asking him questions wherein Gideon was happily obliging with answers.

"Well... Yes, you can consider me as your second father." He rubbed Raegan's head and the dragon purred again like a cat at the pleasant feeling of his head being rubbed.