Chapter 95 - Feather

A/N: Here it goes. *drum rolls*

---

Going inside the throne room, Pier and Gael held their heads high.

"They're staring." Gael whispered close in his ear which made Pier laugh while covering his mouth.

"Maybe you are the person they are looking at." Pier eyed him in a teasing manner and Gael scoffed at it.

"They don't like me." He admitted when everyone inside the throne room were indeed looking at them. Their steps were slow and calculated. Every movement were well-thought of and a single mistake would probably create a mess that endangers the archduke's son.

"That's a better reason to look at you even more." The young master responded as they neared the throne. The red carpet in the middle was luxurious and expensive enough that even servants do not dare to touch such fabric.

Gael's eyebrows furrowed but Pier did not mind him. The latter simply looked ahead where familiar faces could be seen.

His gaze first landed on the man sitting on the throne. King Henry's bright red long hair was flowing beautifully while the man leaned back on the throne's backrest.

It then went on the person standing behind the king's throne. Headmaster Ronnovian had an expressionless gaze towards him and Gael. Not that it mattered for him though.

Next were the three individuals standing on the bottom part of the stairs leading to the throne. Asher and Elena stood side by side while observing them. Pier instantly raising his eyebrow when he met Elena's gaze.

However, he felt Gael's grip on his hand tighten and the young turned his head towards the archduke's son.

Pier's confused look could be seen but Gael pretended to not notice the young master's scrutinizing gaze.

"What's wrong?"

"The king's looking at you." Gael reminded him making Pier shrug his shoulders.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs, the two kneeled and bowed their heads.

"We greet his majesty the king." Pier spoke respectfully.

"We greet his majesty the king." Gael followed suit.

"My, it's good to see Prince Gael and Young Master Pier together." He spoke out of nowhere. Pier's eyes widened when he heard the statement and was about to raise his head when the king spoke once more.

"Raise your head. We have been waiting for your presence." Pier and Gael did so. They both rose from their kneeling positions and stood in their full heights.

The king then turned to look at the servants lined up on the walls and were waiting silently for his command. Raising his finger, the head of the royal servants immediately came up to him and kneeled.

"This servant heeds your call, your majesty."

"Prepare the tables. We will eat here in the throne room." Herny ordered which had Pier even more confused.

The king then called on another person. It was his knight's captain.

The seemingly middle-aged man holding a unique sword that was bestowed alone on those who become the king's knight captain could be seen. The man reminding Pier of his own knight captain that died along with the explosion.

"I am pleased to have everyone important within my surroundings gathered in one place."

Thud!

King Henry rose from his seat and the golden staff he held became his support.

"We will discuss important matters over dinner and I am expecting that everyone has prepared themselves?" He looked at every single person standing below the throne.