Chapter 116 - Proposition of the New Kingdom

Elena shifted in her seat as the scrutinizing gaze of the man in front of her continued to probe the uncomfortableness of her mind.

Despite his handsome looks, the man imposed a threatening aura that she could not take easily. There was an aura that screamed authority from him and despite not being the strongest candidate for the throne of their own kingdom, he was terrifying.

"Is there something wrong, Lady Scotch?" His golden locks were flowing like the sun on a clear daylight. The sculpted cheek and jaw were astounding to look at that none could miss the opportunity of taking even a secret glance towards him.

"N-None... There is nothing wrong, your highness." Elena straightened her posture and continued to flip the pages of the book she was reading.

But she couldn't focus on the material. There was a faint background of something playing in front of the prince.

"Is the young master still occupied with his duties?" He asked her but Elena did not know what to respond with.

How would she tell him that the young master he was wishing to meet was exiled from the kingdom by his own father? That the position is currently vacant due to his absence?

What would she tell to the second prince from the Belmaid Empire?

"I..."

But before she could answer, the door creaked open and came in the other person they were waiting for.

His red locks were flowing across the already simmering winter winds and his face displayed an expressionless emotion.

"Prince Asher." The man greeted him and Asher did the same by nodding his head.

The crown prince's gaze went to drift towards the magic device playing something on his table.

It was Pier performing at his birthday.

His insides started to churn unpleasantly and Asher felt like he would get sick at any moment from seeing the young master even on the recordings from a magic device. Asher's chest did not help at all with how much it was giving him a painful feeling.

But despite his internal conflict, he still managed to keep an upright posture.

"Prince Faust. It's my pleasure to have you in our kingdom once more." He responded and the two men shook hands before Asher sat on his designated seat inside his study.

"I presume you are here to return the magic device that contained the young master's recordings?" He asked while viewing the recording that played back Pier's piece.

"Partly, yes. My father and my older brother were pleased to see such talent from the Taron Kingdom. They wanted to meet the young master too." He laughed while remembering the expression the emperor and his brother, the crown prince, made when they watched Pier's performance.

Elena who listened to the initial conversation became more uncomfortable at the direction where the conversation was going into.

It was always Pier.

Every single day, she was being haunted by the name that was no longer present in the kingdom.

"I see. However, that can't happen." Elena and Faust halted their movements and they both turned their gaze towards Asher.

"How can't that happen, Prince Asher?" The man with the golden locks inquired but Asher remained expressionless.

At the same time, the disturbing feeling started to overflow from Elena when she felt Faust's presence get even more prominent inside the room when Asher spoke about Pier not meeting the royals from the Belmaid Empire.