Chapter 31 - Assault

TW: Non-consensual acts of intimacy are present in this chapter. Reading discretion is advised and read at your own risk.

---

"That was beautiful" Kiel commented and Eliam smiled at him.

The sun was currently setting outside and the two of them were sitting on a bench near the entrance of the school. Students were passing by individually and Eliam watched as they all had smiles on their faces.

He wanted to be like that too, smiling after he went home and then he'll be greeted by his family and they would have nice dinner together.

But he really could not afford that, it was all in his assumptions that he would even get the life he wanted to have.

"Thanks, Kiel" Eliam responded as he leaned his head back on the bench and he swept his hands through his hair. 

He had a solemn expression on his face as he watched people pass by them.

"Do you want to come over in our house? My mom makes really good food" Kiel spoke and Eliam turned his head to look at the other person.

"Huh?"

Kiel scratched the back of his head as he lowered his gaze.

"I kinda noticed you were gloomy after playing... So I want to invite you over so we can hang out" He spoke and Eliam raised his eyebrows.

Him? Going to someone else's house?

"Is it okay for me to do so?" He asked with a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

He was excited by the fact that the first friend he had made in school was offering him to hang out in their place.

"Yeah, I don't want to see my friend down you know" Kiel spoke as he pinched Eliam's cheeks. 

Eliam still had a disbelieving look on his face and did not bother removing Kiel's hands from his face.

His heart was beating loudly and there was warmth scattering in his chest.

'Friends...' He was amazed with the thought of having friends, having someone to hang out with and go to each other's homes.

Eliam gave him a smile and Kiel returned it.

"Then let's go" he urged. Eliam followed quickly.

He was happy he got to have a friend and hang out in their house.

The two then went to grab their backpacks in their respective classrooms and they started to head outside.

"I'll carry that for you" Kiel spoke when they met at the hallway. Eliam, shocked with the offer took a step back.

"A-Ah, no. You don't have to bother" He spoke. 

Were friends always this good to each other? Eliam was baffled with how Kiel was acting as if they were very close.

"Oh come on, you're the guest in our house and right now I should just serve you" Kiel spoke as he grabbed Eliam's bag.

The latter could not resist and just let go of the strap.

Kiel carried all of their belongings while Eliam was bowing his head.

His face was red and he was flustered.

It felt good.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Eliam asked as he turned to look up. Kiel smiled when he saw Eliam's innocent looking face.

"I'm fine, Eliam. This is what friends are for, right?" He spoke and Eliam could not respond.

He did not really have any friends and it was his first time becoming acquainted with someone else.