Chapter 142 - Plans for the Empire

A/N: For those who don't follow me, I published Living the Life of Frost Augustus again and wrote a new story entitled "Reminiscence and Solace". You can check it out on my profile :)

---

"Fenrir, let's talk for a short moment," Pier beckoned him and the vampire king followed immediately. It was currently night time but after destroying the twenty-fourth city, they stopped going forward with the invasion.

As they walked outside the chilly weather, all the vampires lowered their heads and made sure to greet the two kings who walked past them.

They look dignified and astounding enough that every vampire prolonged their gazes at the two.

Once Pier and Ciaran reached the area where there are no longer vampires around, the white-haired king sighed while inserting his hands in the pockets of his coat.

"We need to pause the invasion up until this moment," He directly told Ciaran and the man's forehead wrinkled in confusion.

"Why so, Pier?"

"Someone else is trying to interfere"

This time, Ciaran's eyes darkened when he heard the statement.

"Interfere? Who?" His voice was laced with malice.

Ciaran Fenrir cannot afford to have anyone else interfering with his work of getting the empire for his beloved Pier.

He hated the thought alone of sharing Pier with anyone else how much more if someone is trying to meddle with the work he is doing for the young king?

"Some of your shadows said that forces from the Belmaid Empire had been spotted on the borders of Cresencia," He hummed in which Ciaran's eyebrows furrowed further.

"Should we kill them?" The vampire king asked and Pier chuckled.

"Before we decide on that, I want to ask you something, Fenrir," Pier grabbed his hand and placed his cheek on the palm of it.

"How long?" He asked.

"What do you mean, Pier?" The green-eyed vampire king was confused with the question.

"How long will it take to kill the other candidates?"

That made Ciaran halt for a moment.

That's right, one of their goals was to claim Cresencia for their own because the northern oceans are situated right next to it.

If Ciaran were to aim and kill the other candidates living in the northern ocean, they must not have any interruptions or else everything would be in disarray.

May would be killed if they try to interfere between the battle of giants but mostly, they were trying to keep any unnecessary variables away.

He did tell Pier about the details but he never knew his lover took it seriously enough that it would be considered as one of their main goals in causing an uproar in the neighboring empire.

"I do not know the estimation either, Pier. All I know is that it will take a long time since I will fight against multiple candidates at once," he admitted.

"I? What do you mean by 'I'?" Pier asked him.

"Huh?"

"Ciaran, you are not going alone,"

Thump!

His heart pounded loudly in his ears and that stunned the vampire king.

"Pier- it will be dangerous!" He exclaimed but it seems like the latter already made his mind up with how he was not bothered by Ciaran's sudden outburst.