Chapter 125 - The Kings' Strike! (2)

Duke Callisto held the head of King Caldor in his hand.

Blood dripped from the severed head and onto the floor.

"KYAAH!" Elena screamed in fear at the sight. Even the crown prince was frozen in his seat while staring at the scene before them.

It was horrifying. The mere sight of a king's head in someone else's grasp was frightening enough for their guts to tremble.

"CALLISTO!" Henry was filled with shock as well. His hands and entire body shivered.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" He raged and tried to stand up but a sword was immediately pointed on his neck by one of the knights that came inside.

That made the king stop moving.

"If he moves even an inch, severe his head just like this dead king right here," Duke Callisto ordered and the knight nodded his head before inching the weapon's blade closer to the king's head.

They knew the threats that could be imposed by the king. If they were to allow even the slightest movement from him, they would all surely come kneeling to the ground without any hopes of getting up.

Raphael's father.

Duke of the Sentinio Duchy and one of King Henry's strongest supporters when he was still a prince. He never imagined that his trusted subordinate would soon turn his loyalty against him.

What's worse is that...

"The... invasion..." He trailed off in despair and Duke Callisto gave him a sinister smile.

"Come on, Henry! It had been such a long time since the kingdom last experienced an invasion from a stronger enemy, no?" He laughed as he spoke the words and continued holding the already dead king's head.

King Caldor's head swayed from side to side as the innocent and seemingly pleasant duke grinned like a lunatic.

"It's time for Taron to fall in the hands of a better territory," He spoke and King Henry gulped in anxiousness since the knight's blade started to dig in his skin.

They were betrayed.

King Henry thought that it was the greatest surprise of the century but Duke Callisto added another phrase.

"Except for the lady, Marquis Scotch requests for her safety in the Cresencia Empire."

Everyone in the room widened their eyes and they all turned towards Elena who had the same expression as them.

"No..." She took a step back but bumped into a knight waiting behind her.

"Come on, Princess. Stop acting," Duke Callisto spoke and Elena's spine shivered at how sinister the man had suddenly become.

"D-Duke..." She trailed off and caught the gaze of the man beside her.

Asher was staring at her as if she had grown two heads and that made Elena's heart pound more.

"Do you want Asher to die first?" Duke Callisto asked and she shook her head.

In an instant, Elena's eyes and body stopped trembling. She lowered her head and a few seconds passed, raised her gaze again.

The switch of emotions and expression was astounding enough that Asher who had been frozen in his seat due to the countless swords pointed at his body stiffened further.

"My lady..." He trailed off and the expression of being betrayed was present in his face.

What does this mean? He was having so much confusion within him.