Chapter 13 - Discussion

"H-How come everyone is here...?" Gideon asked as he wiped the tears off of his face with the sleeve of his clothes.

His brother flinched when he saw the knight's unsightly display.

"We're here to celebrate your birthday of course" the Woodlock's head maid told him and Gideon gave them a longing gaze.

This was what he had been wishing for.

Just one more time, one more time for the most significant persons in his life to gather for his birthday.

"Where are the others?" He asked as he was referring to the other servants whom he used to play with before. 

Where was the gardener?

The servant who would always serve them tea?

The butler who would always tell Gideon many stories?

"About that..."

Gideon felt his heart ache when he immediately knew what they meant by that.

Only his brother, the head maid, and the guard must have stayed at their household.

"A-Ah, please do not worry about that Lord Gideon! There are still another guest who is waiting for you" The guard hurriedly spoke when he saw the knight's expression.

Gideon's ears perked when he heard that there was another person waiting for him.

"W-Where...?" 

"Let us head to the kitchen" His brother spoke and the four of them immediately went to the kitchen.

Gideon had inspected the place along with Pier earlier thus he already knew how to maneuver around the luxurious place.

Gideon's heart was filled to the brim with happiness. 

Regardless of him spending the day of his birth with only a few persons, he was glad he could celebrate it with them compared to the lonely years that had passed.

When they reached the kitchen, Gideon immediately saw the rows of food that was lined up on the table. 

His eyes widened and his eyes roamed the area.

Gasp!

"My Lord, I greet you a happy birthday" the person spoke and Gideon's lips trembled.

His face was contorted into an expression that seemed like he was about to cry again.

It was the old lady that owned a small eating shop on the Capital where him and the young master had eaten their lunch together.

"L-Lady..." Gideon called and the old woman simply smiled at him.

"The young master had given me instructions to come here, My Lord" She explained and Gideon's mouth departed.

'The young master...? The young master knew about them?' He asked.

He never told Pier about his life, only about him being a fallen noble was the common knowledge among evereyone.

So how come the young master was able to know the significant people in his life?

But regardless of the question, Gideon was glad.

He was truly grateful for the young master.

"W-Where is the young master?" He asked as he turned his head to look around in hopes for Pier to be there, but unfortunately, he wasn't.

Gideon held the new sword on his side. The shining metallic sword with a blue emerald gem on its handle was eye-catching and his brother saw it too.