Chapter 147 - Golden Hair

Letting out a deep breath, he leaned his body on the railings of his palace's balcony and looked at the sky.

Winter had already passed and now, spring was currently manifesting in every land of the empire. The leaves started to unveil their lush green color and trees were painted in their natural mahogany color skins. Animals who went into hibernation started to wake up once more at the presence of the glimmering sun.

Tweet!

He turned his head and saw a small creature perched on top of the railings where he was leaning his hands on.

"What's the matter?" He rubbed the creature's round belly and it flapped its wings.

Tweet!

It chirped again and his golden locks swayed as he chuckled and moved his head.

It had been a month now since the war had simmered down into a cold relationship between the territories.

No one was proclaimed as the victor of the bloody battle between empires but they all took rest for a moment.

The echoes of screams from people dying, the sound from buildings being broken, the thunderous roars of animals used in the battle, it all subsided like a calm lake in the dark surroundings.

"It's all because of him," He smiled.

Tweet?

The small bird tilted its head when it saw his somber expression.

It had been a month as well ever since he returned to the Belmaid Empire after being captured and held hostage by the perpetrators from the Cresencia Empire.

"I saw him again after months of being missing, Leo," He rubbed the bird's small head and it leaned into his touch.

"He's as beautiful as ever. Like a thousand stars shining in the bright sky, his beauty was above all." Closing his eyes, he reminisced the moment he and the person he meant danced in the Royal Banquet.

"If only the war did not occur, I would've been able to pursue him," he muttered lowly under his breath and smiled when the person's face came up in his mind.

"His brilliant figure that serves as the light for those who are lost in their path... It's majestic." He opened his eyes again and this time, he saw the stars that were twinkling in the distant sky.

Tweet!

The bird seems to know who the person was as well.

After all, Faust sent the small creature to play with Pier many months ago.

"I'm a little bit disappointed because I thought he was the one for me but in all honesty, I couldn't even picture myself standing beside him." He laughed and the bird flew atop his head.

"The young master- no, His Majesty, is a thousand miles far ahead of me and I will never be able to catch up with him."

The zephyrs were still cold but tolerable at this point.

"God, I wish I was there to see him rise in the position of a king. That would've been beautiful," He clenched his hands as the bitter feeling coursed through his body.

"You like him too, right, Leo?" Faust asked the small yellow bird and it chirped in agreement.

"The first time I saw him, we were standing on equal ground." His thoughts then drifted again to when they danced at the Royal Banquet.

Pier's raven hair, cerulean eyes, and overall handsome exterior. They all captured the second prince in a way that was unexplainable.

The way they danced through the music produced by the orchestra with everyone's gazes on them, it all seemed like a fairytale.