Chapter 51 - Winter Nights

"Is he still not waking up?" Ciaran asked as he observed the young master tend to the sleeping Gideon.

"No. It had been weeks now since his trial at the town square and he still did not wake up" Pier shook his head as he combed Gideon's hair back. 

There was a flame bubble surrounding the knight as he quietly slept in his bed.

Of course, Pier had to take care of changing Gideon's clothes, cleaning him up, and basically supporting him so that the knight would not die from malnutrition and other circumstances within his body.

Unlike from the real world where he came from, there is no supporting system for people who underwent comma such as machines and medicines. 

Good thing he had healing magic so he can still support Gideon's body.

Pier lingered his hand on Gideon's forehead and tried to measure the temperature of his knight. 

Sighing, he got up and closed the curtains to the knight's room.

"What do you think is wrong with him? We estimated he would wake up after a day or two due to exhaustion" Ciaran asked as he handed Pier the basin of water and a clean cloth.

"I don't know either. He had been awake and tortured in prison for an entire month before losing consciousness again and not waking up" Pier had a worried look on his face as he dipped the clean cloth on the basin of water.

Drying out the excess drops, he started to wipe Gideon's face with the moist cloth.

He had been constantly monitoring Gideon since he woke up. He did not skip a day visiting and tending to Gideon's needs as well. 

Gideon became an unconscious patient that he had to take care of and it was making Pier slowly frustrated as the days go by without Gideon waking up.

Was it the same situation as him where he depleted his magic power and went into coma? It was a high possibility considering Gideon was left unfed and uncleaned in prison for weeks.

But Pier was also worried about another thing.

The mythical creature living in his body also became quiet.

He did not know what's happening and it was making him anxious. 

He sighed again as he wiped the knight's arms and stomach.

All the while, Ciaran was watching as Pier cleaned Gideon.

He did not really care with the knight. He simply saw Gideon as a nuisance who followed Pier everywhere like a lost child and constantly clung to him like he was some sort of animal.

In the first place, he disliked Gideon because aside from their unpleasant initial encounter, Gideon had been trying to keep Pier away from him.

The knight was strong enough to duel with his wolf form for a few hours and he did not really like having someone become as strong as him except for the young master.

Gideon was also the one who threatened him and everyone who tried to hurt his master.

Basically, Gideon was the biggest wall in him and Pier's relationship.

However, seeing the horrible state the knight was in, he somehow felt a little pity come across his mind.

The pitiful sight of Pier sighing and constantly checking Gideon's temperature was making his own chest somehow hurt. 

"Father has to go to the Belmaid Empire since the issues of war were getting more and more serious there, I also have to leave for the Capital in an hour and stay there for a days since I need to fill my responsibilities as the representative of the House of Masters" He spoke while he finished wiping Gideon's body with the wet cloth.