Chapter 111 - Appearance of the Flames

Slashing noises could be heard in the open field as he continued to slice thin air.

Sweat dripped down from his forehead and down into his shirt. Despite the extremely cold weather in the Mir Mountains, he was still adamant in training his skills.

Gideon breathed hard as he did so.

His desires were overflowing.

Get stronger and better.

'Still not enough!' He gritted his teeth in anger and slashed his sword once more. The sword of the seas creating a bluish trail that was beautiful to look at.

Yet he couldn't stay complacent.

Despite having his skills increased multiple folds, it wasn't enough to protect someone.

That someone who was now the king of this territory he was residing in.

In all honesty, Gideon did not know how to react. He was happy that Pier had found his rightful place and that was to become the ruler.

Pier had the skills and the capacity to rule an entire nation.

But that made him feel little. He was constantly looking at himself in the mirror wondering if he was still worthy to become Pier's personal knight.

Personal knight? That title sounds farfetched now.

He did not really have the time to talk things out with Pier right after their conversation at the garden because of a certain variable.

The vampire king.

Ciaran Fenrir was sticking on to Pier like glue and wasn't leaving his side any moment of the day for the past two months.

Two months had passed and it felt so long since Gideon was able to freely converse with Pier without having any interruptions.

It had been so long since he was able to spend time with the former young master. He missed Pier so much.

He missed talking to the white-haired noble and conversing about things Pier liked.

But now he had the vampire king to confide his problems with. He saw how Pier wasn't that bothered having someone interested in him follow the king daily.

Unlike Asher or the other people at the Taron Kingdom, Gideon saw how Pier was always smiling whenever the vampire prince was beside him.

He felt like he had no place anymore.

It was childish of him to think off but he couldn't help feeling that way.

There was only one solution he can do for him to stand beside Pier again.

It was to become stronger.

Gideon knew he needed to reach the level of either the two kings of somewhere near lower if he desires to continue being the king's knight.

"Haah..." He huffed. How long had he been here? Gideon couldn't recall.

He started training the moment the morning comes and ends when the night falls. That's his usual routine for the past two months and it was making him frustrated.

Of course, he knew about his master's feats.

Pier was able to take control of a kingdom without having any forces come with him aside the vampire king. The two was able to reach an incredible achievement that no other creature can do.

It was a wide-known fact throughout the residents of the Mir Mountains and that increased their love to the two kings even more.

Gideon saw how every vampire was kneeling every time Pier and Ciaran came into the scene.