Chapter 38 - First Snow

A/N: Music is "Two Is Better Than One" by Boys Like Girls. You can listen to it while reading when I tell you to for a better reading experience. Enjoy!

---

Pier departed from the hug and he slowly started to step back from Asher.

In return, they all stared at him. He had a small smile as he watched the four corpses in different directions.

One was the executioner that tried to behead Gideon

Another was the knight who laughed as Gideon was tortured in prison

And two were those that insulted him.

Did it feel good?

He was satisfied to say the least.

"I am the hero who saved the king and everyone inside the palace. I assume I also get to make my demands?" Pier asked with his hands clasped behind him while he was staring at the clouds above.

It was still dark and the signs of the first snowfall was already there.

"Since those who wronged me have already been punished, I do not intend to cause chaos further" He spoke in a soft voice and his eyes had a gentle look on them.

"I will explain things to the king himself so you do not need to bother doing things with my knight" He then turned towards them.

He giggled and his eyes were turned into crescent shapes. His shoulders lightly shook and the charming voice he possessed was heard by everyone.

He definitely looked like a pure and innocent saint that was sent to cure the sickly and heal the weak.

"As the hero who saved everyone, can I request to dismiss the trial he has to go to, your highness?" Pier asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

The Crown Prince stared at Pier.

He did not even hesitate to nod his head and agree with what the young master wanted.

The gentle look, the soft voice, the melodious laughter, it was all bringing him back to the feeling of having the Pier that he had come to love.

He could not resist as everything reminded him of his past with Pier.

"The trial for the War Commander will be dismissed as the hero requests" Asher spoke and everyone had baffled looks on their faces.

"If the King accepts, that is" He continued and Pier's smile widened.

"I will honestly relay my words without any hint of malice and prejudice, your highness" Pier responded as he bowed his head a little bit.

Thump!

Thump!

There it goes again, the constant beatings in his heart whenever he saw the beautiful young master.

Asher restrained and did not listen to his own chest as he nodded his head.

He needed to talk with Pier after all of the fiasco that happened.

It was his duty to guard the unconscious young master and now that he had awaken, the king would probably request Asher to talk with Pier about his condition.

Of course without the others present.

"J-just like that?" Elena asked with wide eyes particularly to no one but Caspian who was also staring at the young master nodded his hed.

"He's the Hero, the one who saved the king..."

The citizens and the nobles were all too excited in punishing the War Commander who tried to kill the king. However, they did not consider the young master's opinion.