Chapter 20 - The Ball (2)

A/N: Music is "Arcade - Duncan Laurence - Violin Cover by Nasif Francis" on YouTube! I highly recommend you download it if you can't listen directly from Wattpad for a better reading experience. I'll tell you when to play it :D.

---

"Who is that...?" They all have the same question. 

However, the person was not interested in the whispers of the nobles around him.

His strides continued until he reached the center of the grand hall where the giant twin staircases depart from each other.

'Him...?' Asher watched in silence as he immediately recognized the person standing with his head held high.

"Isn't that...?" Raphael trailed off when he also recognized the person.

Ronnovian chuckled when he saw the silent stares everyone were giving the person.

"That's correct, House Woodlock, one of the fallen noble households shall now become a vassal of the House of Masters" And as he spoke the statement, everyone's eyes widened and they all had looks of shock in their faces.

"House Woodlock?"

"Isn't that a noble household that fell years ago?"

"What is this?"

"The House of Masters are taking in strays?!" 

Many comments were heard all throughout but Isaac kept his mouth shut as he contained his own anger.

He gritted his teeth silently as he heard the statements from the lower nobility class. 

The Dukedom, Marquis, and the Royal Family all kept silent as they did not bother voicing their thoughts out.

"Headmaster!" A noble man whom Ronnovian immediately recognized raised his voice amongst the chatters of people.

Isaac's eyes widened and his hands clenched when he saw the noble man who stood up from his seat.

"Yes, Count Arman?" Ronnovian asked with an amused look on his face.

"Y-You're taking in House Woodlock as a vassal household?!" He spoke as sweat dribbled down his forehead and his own eyes were shaking.

"That is correct, Count Arman" Ronnovian replied and his smile widened when he saw the noble's terrified reaction.

That's right, Count Arman Hedinio, head of the noble household who took the entire possessions of the Woodlock seven years ago was speechless as he heard the confirmation.

"P-PREPOSTEROUS! ONE CANNOT ACQUIRE A HOUSE DIRECTLY UNDER THEM  WITHOUT THE KING'S PERMISSION!" He spoke in anger and anxiousness.

 "Hmmm" Ronnovian hummed as he turned his head towards the person whom the count was directly referring to.

"Your Majesty" Ronnovian spoke and everyone's attention was shifted towards the king who was sitting at the very front with his golden staff firmly held in his hands.

King Henry stood up as he faced everyone.

His red hair shone brightly against the lights of the mansion and his dominant aura as a king and as a ruler was felt by everyone.

He stopped for a second as he thought about what he is doing right now.

---

"I want you to give your permission for us accepting House Woodlock as a vassal house of ours" Ronnovian spoke as he sat on the seat opposing the King's seat.