Chapter 14 - Meeting the Young Master

"Gideon, what is the young master like?" The knight's older brother asked and Gideon turned to look at him.

"Why are you asking, brother?" Gideon asked him in return and his brother had a surprised look on his face.

"I think I need to talk with the young master after this" He spoke with concern and Gideon's expression softened.

'What's wrong with him?' He asked.

He remembered how Gideon did not have any care in the world with anyone and was simply focused on himself.

However, when he asked what the young master was like, his younger brother's expression turned stoic for a second and if he was not fast enough, he would have never seen it.

"The young master is the best person in the world" He commented as they both sat on the extended porch outside the mansion.

"The best?" He asked and Gideon nodded his head enthusiastically.

"The young master saved my life when we first met at the Sokran Forest in our way towards the Boundary" Gideon replied with a smile on his face.

His brother observed his every reaction. It was intriguing him so much on who was the young master that tamed a prideful person like Gideon.

He wanted to know who the person that made Gideon sing praises to him constantly without fault was.

Gideon continued to tell the story of how he met the young master and how the latter had saved him from the magical beast. His brother was also listening attentively, hoping to draw a picture out of the young master's entire identity.

He was a fallen noble along with Gideon. He have heard news about the young master but did not actually see the person since they were not invited to any gatherings.

In all honesty, they were treated as commoners but with empty noble titles and Gideon's brother had been wondering why the young master would even bother inviting them over to his knight's birthday.

Gideon had been separated from him for a few years now. 

Ever since his younger brother started training at the palace to become a knight, he had lost contact with Gideon while he continued to remain as the head of a fallen household.

They were stripped off of their wealth, power, and influence as an Earldom when a certain Countdom finally succeeded in taking over their household after decades of dispute between them.

He looked at the sword that Gideon was holding carefully in his lap.

The blue sapphire stone in the middle of the handle was too eye-catching for anyone to see and he estimated that it would already reach up to the price of more than ten million gold coins. It did not include the entire body of the sword that doesn't look like it was made from the usual metal used to make swords.

'I guess he adores my younger brother that much' He thought as Gideon's voice became a background noise while he thought of speaking with the young master.

It was his opportunity. 

He had Gideon as his opportunity to talk with the young master who was known to be one of the most important individuals in the society.

"Gideon" He called and Gideon stopped talking midway.

"Yes?"

"Can you get me to talk with the young master?" He asked while thinking of the possibilities and the things he needed to do if he could talk with Pier.

He was too busy thinking that he did not notice the frown etched on his younger brother's face.

"Why?" Gideon asked and he looked at his brother.