Chapter 33 - Offer

A/N: Just an info, for those who are reading in the mobile app and can't play the music I attach in the media, you guys can read the chapter in your phone's browser and go to Wattpad's site. The music will not be interrupted when you play the music while reading ;). 

---

The capital was bustling. 

Nobles rode on their carriage and they paraded through the streets. Shops were opened from side to side and many stalls were standing on the sidewalks.

It was just the regular day at the capital. 

Commoners on the other hand were selling goods and endorsing the different products that ranged from magical until physical substances. Even some shady love potions were available!

Ciaran roamed the streets while he was wearing his black cloak.

It did not matter if he looked scary because the capital is a place that is frequently visited by many types of people. Good, bad, sinners, saints, it was a place filled with variety and diversity is a common occurrence in the place.

He was constantly moving, searching for possible information as to where he could find someone, someone whom he had been wishing to meet for the past months.

It had been more than three weeks now since he had come in the kingdom but he could not find a single speck of clue that would lead him to the person he was looking for.

He could also not carelessly spread his magic out because the possibility of priests roaming the vicinity was high and he did not want to cause any ruckus in the place where that person resided.

He was doing manual labor and he was doing his best, trying so hard to gather information.

His well defined body was easily noticeable by many and some kept their eyes on him. He had a mysterious allure in him that attracted people left and right.

Tap

Ciaran stopped walking when he felt something soft touch his shoulders.

He turned his head and saw that an old woman was standing beside him and a small smile was etched on her face.

"..." He kept quiet knowing how intimidating his voice can be.

The woman was already old enough that he was cautious he would terrify her to death if he speaks.

"Young man, are you looking for someone?" She spoke in a shaky and brittle voice which caused Ciaran's eyebrows to raise.

He had a questioning look on his face and he was slightly stunned to hear the words of the old woman.

"Your cloak... I saw someone wear the same one from before" She continued as to answer the suspicious stares she got from Ciaran.

Hearing the words, Ciaran paused for a second.

His eyes started to widen slowly when he realize what the old woman must have meant.

He gave Pier his spare cloak when the latter left the Mir Mountains!

"I see, you are definitely looking for the hero" She spoke and Ciaran was even more baffled when he heard the statement.

"Hero?" He could not help but ask.

Sure, Pier was the hero of the vampires on the Mir Mountains but why is he also called a hero in this place? Did everyone know about his deeds on the Mir Mountains as well?

Surprised but expecting the man's voice, the old woman nodded her head.

"I cannot talk about it in the open, especially now that the citizens of the capital and most of the kingdom are sensitive with the issue. Do you want to come with me? I can tell you the details" She spoke with her easy going old face and Ciaran started to begin doubting.