Chapter 21 - Lovely

A/N: Video is "Lovely - Billie Eilish and Khalid - Violin Cover" By ItsAMoney on YouTube! I suggest you download the song if you can't play it on your device for a better reading experience. I'll tell you when to play it.

---

"Pardon?"

Gideon stood stiff in front of the Headmaster while the latter had a nonchalant look on his face.

"I'll appoint you as the War Commander" Ronnovian repeated once more and slowly, Gideon's eyes widened when he heard the statement.

"But I'm not-"

"Doesn't matter. You're reaching the point of becoming a swordmaster sooner anyway" The Headmaster responded and Gideon did not know what to say.

He had just been called to the Headmaster's office and now he's told he will become the war commander all of a sudden.

"Headmaster, pardon my doubts but I do not have the capacity to become a War Commander yet. I am only proficient with the sword" Gideon spoke and Ronnovian stared at the knight's eyes.

"Then learn. My son knows how to guide you" 

---

He stood still amidst the observant eyes of the crowd.

His armor glistened under the blinding lights but it did not faze him, not one bit.

His stoic yet attractive face was void of any emotions other than serenity and a little bit of contempt.

Gideon Woodlock was now the House of Master's War Commander.

He sits at the highest point of the forces deployable by the House of Masters in times of war and battle. 

He is now the person with the third highest ranking within the Household right below the Headmaster and the Young Master.

From a fallen noble who was just an aspiring knight, he became a high ranking noble that sits at the top of the hierarchy.

People were silent as they watched the knight.

His light brown hair and freckled face was hard and they could only keep silent.

He was imposing and intimidating.

"I see you have finally appointed someone in the spot of the War Commander, Headmaster Ronnovian" King Henry spoke from below and Ronnovian laughed.

"That is correct, Your Majesty" the response made several people frown and they felt unpleasant emotions course throughout their bodies.

"Isn't he the rumored personal knight of the young master?" It was Count Arman who chimed in.

"And isn't he a Woodlock as well? Is the Headmaster sure that he is not giving away the House of Masters to some strays?" He asked and Gideon's hands clenched tighter in his sword.

People yet kept on whispering again but this time, there was no opposition other than the Count Arman.

'What is this person bullshitting about?' Gideon asked himself.

Of course he knew the main person who brought their Household down the drain to never return was the man who also spoke now. 

The man who had a receding hairline while wearing luxury clothes was someone he remembers well for he saw Count Arman propose countless partnerships with their household in the pretense of it being for the good.

"I see you have some questions again, Count Arman" Ronnovian smirked and the Count flinched when he saw the Headmaster's expression.

But he could not back down.