Chapter 73 - Admit

"Do you think he liked my gift?" Pier asked as he was treading the path back to the Easter District's populated area.

"F-Fluffy..." The dead fairy spoke its name but Pier understood its meaning.

"He better be grateful." He murmured while puffing his cheeks out like a child who was embarrassed of something.

Of course, he would be. It's his first time doing something for someone he acknowledged he likes and it was making him flustered.

He also planned to tell Ciaran about the cave when the man returns from the Mir Mountains and maybe it can serve as a hideout for the vampire prince.

The young master was in a good mood after slaying the beast.

Though extremely tired, the fruits of his endeavor were worth it. He did not just get Ciaran a new shadow that is helpful for flying over many places, he also saw the power Fluffy held.

'Fluffy is extremely powerful for a fairy.' Pier thought while staring at the brooch in his chest.

Being able to raise a couple of undead was already horrifying enough but the dead fairy can raise as much as it wanted as long as it does not run out of dead souls and magic.

He felt like he was cheating on a game again with how overpowered Fluffy was.

While returning, Pier passed by the ruins again.

The rubbles and giant stones that were scattered around the surroundings were making him curious as well as the tilting tower in the distance.

"For a reason the tower felt familiar." He had an inquiring look on his face but he decided to postpone his ideas for now and get some sleep after helping with the distribution of the rations.

After another few minutes of walking, Pier reached the area where people lived and there he saw that the carriages containing the rations have already arrived.

He also saw some familiar faces with the carriage.

There was the old butler that constantly followed Asher around and there was also his attendant.

Pier sighed in exhaust one more time before he trudged towards them. His steps were lousy and his mind was starting to close off considering he was really sleepy.

"Young master! It's a pleasure to meet you here." The old butler greeted him once they saw each other eye to eye and Pier nodded his head.

"It is my pleasure to meet you again here, head butler. How's your day?" He asked while staring at the knights and the mages who were distributing the rations to the people.

"I've been good, young master. Packing the rations for a few weeks was tiring but it felt rejuvenating seeing the people of the Eastern District receive something that would get them somehow through the winter." The butler responded which Pier liked.

"That's good. Thank you so much for your service, head butler." Pier smiled at him and proceeded to gaze at the other person beside the butler who was busy directing the distribution of the goods.

"Sir Caspian." Pier spoke which made the latter flinch in surprise.

He turned his head around and froze stiff when he saw who it was.

"Y-Young master!" He greeted with an awkward smile and Pier who was confused with his actions shrugged his shoulders.

"It's been a long time since I last saw you, Sir Caspian." Pier decided not to notice Caspian's awkward expression since he thought it was normal now.