Chapter 28 - Friends

"You're not someone from this world?" Melfar asked and Pier glared at the glowing person.

"..." Pier kept quiet as he was trying to come up with an answer.

The flaming bird took the appearance of a male person if Pier were to base his judgments on the features males commonly have. However, the rest of his body was simply an outline of a human body, there were no other parts except for the hands and feet.

"Is it a new form of magic?" Melfar asked which made Pier turn his head in the flaming person's direction.

They were in a completely dark place. There wasn't anything except void and darkness. Only him and Melfar stood there. 

It was uncomfortable.

Pier sighed as he swept his hands through his hair.

"I am" He spoke.

Was there any reason to still hide it? The phoenix already saw a supposedly 'memory' that he had.

There weren't any pizza's in this world

There weren't any mobile phones too.

Everything was completely different and Melfar saw every last one of it.

"I see" The phoenix agreed without too much thought and Pier had a questioning look on his face.

"I've lived for eons to even be surprised with this new type of magic, guardian" Melfar spoke as he laughed. 

"I do not have a clue how another person from a different world was able to come here. Heck, I do not even have the full assurance that another world exists!" He said joyously but Pier was just silent.

Melfar was taking everything all too well.

"Did you possess that body when you came here?" The phoenix asked and Pier nodded his head.

"What happened to the person who owned that body first?" Pier did not really want to speak anything right now but considering it was just him and the mythical creature, he knew he did not have to worry about anything.

"I met him after we both died in our respective worlds" Pier curtly replied and the flaming creature' eyebrows raised. 

"After death...?" He trailed off and Pier continued to nod his head.

He was not surprised that a person from another world transferred in theirs but he was surprised after knowing that they were able to meet even after death.

"Is there really something after death?" Melfar asked, baffled with the things unfolding before him.

"I don't know. We just met and I immediately got transferred in his body" Pier responded, shrugging his shoulders in the process as he was was thinking about so many things.

"I see..." The mythical creature then waved his hands in the air in an alluring manner and another memory started to play in front of them.

"I thought you did not have any control over my memories?" Pier asked but Melfar copied his actions and shrugged his flaming shoulders.

"I don't but I can try selecting which ones should play next" The mythical creature spoke in an amused manner but Pier still had other questions.

"What happened after I passed out?" Pier chimed in without actually waiting for any response. 

"I do not have any clue either. When you close your eyes, I also cease to know what is happening on the outside. Your eyes are my eyes" Pier sighed. 

He badly wanted to know what's currently happening in the kingdom.

What happened to Gideon? Is he safe?