Chapter 3 - Restless

"How long until we reach the kingdom?" Pier asked as they were currently treading on the same path that he had seen when he was taken out of the kingdom by Ciaran.

Trees and a few houses swiftly passed by them as Snow's incredible speed and stamina allowed them to reach the kingdom faster.

"It would probably be a day left until we reach the borders, young master" Gideon spoke behind him and Pier nodded his head.

In all reality, Pier did not have any solid plans as of this moment. 

All he can see was the final outcome of his plans and he wants to do things when he sees an opportunity.

However right now, Pier had been gone from the kingdom for a few months. He had no clue how the nobles' social circles have changed and if there were any significant events that happened within the kingdom.

He had some minor plans on his disposal but he plans to do everything when he gets back on the kingdom.

He was also considering on using some of the cards he had on his hands and play a little bit riskier.

"I'm sleepy" He spoke as he felt his magic power rapidly decrease as the mythical creature inside of him was consuming his own magic.

Gideon pulled on the reigns to slow Snow down as he was alerted by his young master's statements.

"Do you want to rest for a moment, young master?" He asked as he viewed the surroundings.

All that he could see were trees and grass fields. The houses were still a bit far ahead but as he looked at his young master once more, he saw that Pier's eyes were already droopy. 

"Oh, sorry for consuming too much of your magic, Guardian" Melfar spoke in Pier's head.

All the young master could do was groan in dissatisfaction with the phoenix's words.

Sigh

Pier sighed as he felt his body weaken.

Ever since he had made a contract to be the phoenix's guardian, his usual seven to eight hours of sleep had increased to ten because of how exhausted he was even without doing anything.

'Can't I just use the healing magic I obtained from being your guardian?' He asked Melfar.

"...."

However, it seemed like the Phoenix could not hear him if he were to speak in his mind too.

"I want to sleep, can you guard me for a moment?" Pier asked as he looked up at the knight riding behind him.

Gideon flinched when their eyes met and he stammered with his words.

"O-Of... Of course, young master!" He spoke and Pier nodded his head gently.

"Thanks..." He replied before he completely leaned back on Gideon's armor.

Gideon was also wondering why his master had been sleeping more than the usual time he did ever since they came out of the Mir Mountains.

He simply deducted it as Pier getting tired because he had used his magic too much in helping the vampires.

"Hyaa!" Gideon called Snow to a stop and fortunately, the white horse obliged as its slow walks came into a halt.

Gideon carefully got off the horse first as he laid his master completely on Snow's back before he took Pier again in his arms.

His young master's cloak was slightly disorganized and the hood of the cloak was lifted causing the white strands of hair to be seen.