Chapter 24 - Unprecedented

A/N: Music is Carol of the Bells by Lindsey Stirling (the one I used in CTCOF's Chapter 81 during Pier's awakening). You can listen to it for a better reading experience and I will tell you when to play it :D.

---

'Haah, I'm cold again' Pier thought as he once more adjusted the coat on his body.

The sudden rise of his temperature earlier was now gone and reverted back to normal where he could feel the cold winds.

Asher observed the young master as they walked through the halls of the palace towards the throne room.

Gideon needed to officially meet the king before the throne so he can be recognized as the House of Master's War Commander by everyone.

Pier needed to present himself as well so that his return will be acknowledged officially and every party meant to be used for the searching will stop.

"Pier, are you cold?" Asher asked but Pier only gave him a side eye glance.

'I would love to talk and play with him but I'm sleepy right now' Pier continued to run his thoughts while giving Asher an unknowing stare.

The Crown Prince had another look of disappointment on his face when Pier did not respond to his question.

"Then let me get you another coat" Asher spoke as he called for the servants who were walking far behind them.

It was just him, Gideon, and Pier who were walking together right now and the others such as the knights and servants were all following them far behind.

"Your Highness" Pier called when Asher had already called for a servant.

"What is it?" The prince responded quite quickly.

"Please do not bother, I already have my knight's coat" Pier smiled at him but it did not give Asher a pleasant feeling.

Instead, it made him even more frustrated with how Pier was treating him.

Gideon on the other hand turned to look at another direction.

His face was flushed and he covered his mouth to prevent unnecessary noise from coming out of it.

Pier titled his head to stare at Gideon.

'He's laughing?' He saw Gideon's shoulders slightly shake and he was wondering what made the knight act like that.

"I see..." Asher spoke in defeat as he called the servant back to their positions.

---

"I heard that the young master has returned" Gaston spoke as he held the metal sword on his hand and he was wiping the sweat off of his forehead with the hem of his shirt.

The well toned body exposing itself to the world and the noble ladies watching on the sideline all squealed.

Gaston laughed as he waved his hands on the ladies that were watching them train.

"Tsk" Redon clicked his tongue as he gripped the sword tighter.

Why is the news of his stepbrother's return such a big deal?

'It is his own fault anyway that he went missing. Why is everyone celebrating his return?' The Headmaster's son thought.

Why was Pier the one being revered and talked by everyone?

He got the significance of his brother as the successor but he was also thinking people should think about their decisions better.

He gritted his teeth as he slashed his sword multiple times on the training dummy.