Chapter 52 - Winter Nights (2)

"The young master has arrived!" Everyone turned their heads towards the entrance of the palace where the announcement had come from.

Nobles who have already arrived started to gather as soon as they heard the title of Pier Belmiunde.

Of course, those who first went to the entrance were the crown prince, the second prince, the young duke and his younger brother.

They all were anticipating the young master's arrival.

Especially for the second prince who was jumping up and down while trying to look over the walls.

"B-Brother, can you lift me up?" He asked. Asher chuckled as he lifted Nicholas and carried him on his arms.

"It had been a long time since I've seen good brother! I can't wait until I get to play with him." Gage also spoke as his eyes sparkled and clenched his hand in an excited manner.

"Me too! I can't wait to play the piano with my wife!" Nicholas seconded; a huge grin was on his face.

The older brothers of the two could not help but shook their heads at the words their siblings had said.

Slowly, more and more people started to gather behind them but not close enough to the vicinity of the four. They were the most regarded individuals in the kingdom so it would be unpleasant if they were to upset the royals and the duke's children by being close to them.

"The young master? I can't wait to see him!"

"I know! I've heard that the suit he was wearing and his coat were matching each other perfectly!"

"Goodness! How can his fashion sense be so well-versed?"

There were many whispers at the back and Asher was trying to stop himself from telling them to keep quiet.

It was nice hearing that people were now actually acknowledging Pier but it felt all to superficial.

However, he cannot either because he knew he was the same as those nobles who were speaking well of the young master.

Pier now had altered his entire image within the kingdom. People left and right, nobles or commoners, all were now seeing him as someone to be regarded with respect and admiration.

He had many titles being pinned on his name.

A successor

A hero

A combined genius and prodigy

Not to mention his fashion sense along with the unique designs were all spreading in the different kingdoms and empires.

It was as if Pier now had the qualifications of becoming an emperor himself.

Asher was proud and at the same time, regretful.

His moon was shining so bright that other stars could not stare at him directly.

His moon was doing so well that even the world he had in the previous years was starting to look in its way.

However, the moon was no longer his. The moon that illuminated the entire skies no longer depended on his warmth.

The whispers continued to reverberate around the palace when the knights guarding the entrance raised their swords in the air and performed their salutes.

One by one, the anticipated members of the House of Masters arrived.

First were the twins, Redon and Richard.

They both wore matching gray suits and dark winter coats. Attached on their sides were the swords that they owned and they both had smiling faces.

They were the twins from the House of Masters who were the center of talks back in the previous months.