Chapter 131 - The Second Prince

"Haah, they take so long." Duke Callisto crossed his legs on the chair.

How long had they been inside the conference room now? It must be close to a day.

Of course, they cannot go out because the king's royal knights would be outside and with the number of knights that they have, they wouldn't successfully beat Taron's royal knights who are one of the best in the eastern continent.

Meanwhile, the three people being held captive still kept quiet, not moving even an inch.

But it was another case for the king.

Henry gritted his teeth as the wound on his hand started to turn purple and there was no blood coming out.

Any moment from now, he would probably pass out or die after Elena stabbed his hand with a sword.

'Father...' Asher's heart pounded extremely fast at the sight of his father writhing in pain but they could not do anything with it. There were still swords pointed on their necks and even the smallest of movements could cost them their lives.

However, now was not the time of fretting over matters. He needed to prioritize his bleeding father.

"The king..." He trailed off and Duke Callisto's eyes wandered towards him.

"The king will die at this rate if you do not cast healing magic on him. He will die of blood loss." He explained and Callisto thought about the scenario for a moment.

If Henry were to die, they would have no weapons against the remaining royal knights whose absolute commander was the king.

That would be bad.

But as soon as he thought of another thing, a sinister grin made its way on the duke's face.

"It's fine if the king dies, he won't live long once we get out of here." He chuckled and those made shivers run across the three's body.

"HEAL MY FATHER THIS INSTANT-" The crown prince moved and, in an instant, a sword sliced across his abdomen making Asher close his mouth.

Blood oozed from the prince's body and Asher sat back on his seat while groaning in pain.

"Your highness!" Elena screamed and assisted the writhing Asher.

"Duke- I told you not to hurt him!" She pointed an accusing finger to the one of the kings installed in Taron.

"Then heal him. Can you?" Callisto inquired her which made Elena close her mouth.

"I..." She clenched her hands before pushing the knights surrounding Asher away.

"I WILL BRING HIM TO THE INFIRMARY! GET OUT OF THE WAY!" The lady screamed but they did not budge the moment she tried to force her way while pulling an injured prince.

Faust, Asher, and the King were all too exhausted to even argue with them anymore.

"LET ME GO! ASHER WILL DIE IF THE WOUND IS NOT HEALED!"

"SHUT UP!"

Callisto raged and stood from his seat. King Caldor's head was still in his grasp, thus he threw it in Elena's direction.

The severed head rolled on the floor after it landed right in front of the lady.

"Do you want your prince to be in the same situation as that head?" That made Elena stiffen in her spot and she carefully let go of Asher's arm.

"That's right. He will survive when our forces reach the capital anytime now if he persists." Gritting his teeth in frustration, the duke was becoming impatient.