Chapter 18 - Jealous

"Chief, I have brought the updates in the construction of houses on the fourth mountain" the vampire handed the stack of papers towards Ciaran and the man nodded his head in recognition.

"Thank you"

"It's not a problem, chief" The Vampire replied.

Ciaran was currently at their temporary base on the third mountain.

Everything had been going well. 

From building the houses, exploring the territories, even until fending off the remaining monsters.

Sigh

He swept his fingers through his hair as he looked at the papers in his hand. It was a detailed description of everything that was going on in the Mir Mountains. 

'I miss him' Ciaran's thoughts drifted towards the white haired noble who helped them acquire everything they have right now.

"Ciaran, wake up" Pier spoke while he was poking the vampire prince's cheeks.

Ciaran groaned as he buried his face deeper on to the pillow beside him.

Was it a pillow?

"Get your face out off my neck, clingy prince" Pier commented and Ciaran chuckled.

His baritone morning voice entering Pier's ears and the latter pinched his nose in response.

"What is it?" He asked.

He doesn't usually sleep that much but whenever Pier slept beside him, his nights were comfortable.

It gave him a sense of assurance

That everything will be fine, as long as the white haired noble was beside him.

"I want to head outside" Pier commented and Ciaran snuggled further in the warm neck. 

"Can we sleep a little bit more? I'm tired" He commented with a weak and tired voice even though he was completely refreshed after sleeping for many hours. Pier thought about it.

"Tsk. Fine" He replied and Ciaran sported a victorious grin while he hid his face in the young master's neck.

He sighed in contentment as the sweet and calming scent of fruits and mild flowers entered his nose.

"Why do you smell like flowers?" He asked Pier who was spacing out.

The young master looked down at the prince who was touching his nose on Pier's neck.

"Haha, do I?" Pier asked and Ciaran nodded his head silently.

Pier's hands encased Ciaran's head in a light embrace and his fingers found their way towards the vampire prince's hair.

'Ah' Ciaran thought in pleasure of how relaxing the slender fingers were giving his hair. 

He wanted it to stay like this. He did not want it to end.

"Why do you smell like rain that fell on dry soil?" Pier asked in return and Ciaran snorted. 

"Why does it sound so bad?"

"What? your scent?"

"Yes, the way you describe it"

"Pft, because that's the scent I like" 

"Oh... I guess I should frequently go out and bathe in rain on dry soil" He commented and Pier laughed.

The gentle and soft voice stirring something inside of him.