Chapter 157 - Rut?

A/N: The chapter depicts content of strong obsession.

---

"I have sent the response to the royals of the Taron Kingdom, your majesty," Chray spoke as he nervously shifted in his spot. The vampire fiddled on the sweaty fingers that were trembling occasionally.

"Very well then," the white-haired king spoke in response whilst a grin was plastered on his face.

The vampire attendant gulped once more as he tried to avoid his gaze because he was truly uncomfortable in the presence of the two kings.

Not because he disliked them.

Not because Chray despises them.

But because of what was in front of him.

"Is his majesty... alright, King Pier?" He inquired wherein Pier shrugged his shoulder.

"He's fine. Ciaran's just a little bit out of his mind as of the moment," Pier chuckled making Chray shiver in fear.

'A little bit out of his mind...' His thoughts were flowing like a river as he wanted to move and get out of the room but Pier was still writing something down on a piece of paper.

He cannot leave unless the white-haired king finishes his orders for the attendant. Chray was wishing it would soon be done as he was about to faint from fear.

"Are you scared?" Pier inquired him and the vampire hesitated to respond for a moment.

Was he scared?

He was. Despite being a vampire, he was truly scared right now. He cannot move a limb for he feels if he did so, his head would come flying off of his body.

"He can be quite scary, can he?" Pier added while trailing his fingers on the other man's hair.

"Pier..." His rugged breath could be heard and his voice was quivering from time to time. Nevertheless, his appearance was disheveled as if he had just gone through multiple wars and had slain every creature involved.

"Stay still for a moment, Fenrir. I'm writing something," Pier reprimanded and all the man could do was sigh and groan in defeat. He leaned his face on the former's back and Chray let out a freaked sound when the vampire king's golden eyes were directed at him.

'Calm down, King Pier is here with us...' He prayed to the white-haired king but it only did so little to alleviate his fear when the scrutinizing gaze of the vampire king lingered on him.

'Saint of Darkness, Liberator of Vampires, please save me from the deathly glare of the vampire king...' He closed his eyes and whispered his thoughts of prayers towards Pier again.

"Do not scare your attendant, Fenrir," Pier spoke again and this time, Ciaran avoided his gaze from Chray but instead, turned his attention to the pale and enticing neck his lover possessed.

"Did he have these episodes before when you were still living on the second mountain?" Chray flinched when Pier asked him.

"N-No, your majesty. I have never seen King Ciaran... be like this..." He gulped as relief flooded his entire system when he saw that Ciaran was busy delving his nose in the other king's neck.

"I see. Must be something associated with his other origin," Pier finished writing down on the paper and folded the material.

"Deliver that letter towards Belmaid's second prince," He commanded and Chray took a step forward.

But one single step caused Chray's entire body to freeze. The darkness that was covering the golden floor of the throne room moaned and deathly sounds could be heard from the void.