Chapter 170 - Visit

"Kyaah!" Raegan screamed in excitement as he soared through the skies.

His face was filled with happiness and his blue eyes were sparkling brightly under the afternoon sun.

Thud! Thud!

"He's having fun," Pier commented while standing near the window. He was observing the little dragon prince play with the new shadows his father allowed him to play.

"It was a good idea to get that, don't you think?" Ciaran hugged him from behind.

"It is. He loves playing with them," Pier remarked when Raegan produced another yell as he almost fell off of the middle head of the hydra.

The giant was roaming the territories with the crown prince of Mir in its head.

Pier, Ciaran, Gideon, and little Raegan were able to defeat the Hydra. It took them roughly two and a half days to make the gigantic creature surrender.

Raegan even took naps in between the battle so he can regain his energy and fight again using his small magic beads that might not have dealt quite a lot of damage compared to his fathers' and uncle's magic spells.

But the moment the swordmaster, the vampire king, and the white-haired king ganged up on the hydra, it was already meant to be their win.

Pier's endless supply of healing magic allowed Gideon and Ciaran to combat the heads and keep up with its movements for two days straight. They did not sleep nor did they rest. The magic sustenance was enough for them to conquer another mythical creature that eventually became Ciaran's shadow.

Speaking of shadow...

"I bet your magic increased again the moment you turned that Hydra into your shadow," Pier pointed out. The hydra had immense magic that concentrated on poison and other elements.

Even the dragon inside Gideon who was probably a middle-aged creature was not sure to defeat it yet the four managed to do so.

"It did. Look at this," Ciaran chuckled as black smoke gently appeared from his feet and onto the surroundings. Then, it traveled outside the window like a flow of water and onto the patch of flowers in the garden.

The moment the smoke touched the flowers...

"Hey! My flowers!" They all decayed and died in a split second.

Pier was left gaping at the now set of dead flowers in the garden where Ciaran's smoke had touched.

But of course, the vampire king easily restored it.

"The hydra had a small amount of restoration magic," Ciaran spoke and he switched the attribute of his smoke. The black smoke that caused death slowly started to make the plants alive once more.

"Wow..." Pier was amazed by the new set of powers his lover possessed.

Ciaran was even deadlier than ever the moment he acquired the hydra as his shadow. There were now three mythical creatures in possession of the vampire king.

A dead ancient fairy

A dead descendant of a dragon – the wyvern

And now, a highly poisonous hydra that could kill even vampires in a single second.

He can now use his smoke as either a killing factor or restoration. Ciaran could literally spread his smoke all-around a territory and just like that, every being would drop dead in his grasp.

But he needed to be careful with it because his allies might be included in the smoke and his restoration magic was not competent enough to bring them back to life.