Chapter 106 - Gamble (2)

TW: Reader discretion is advised.

---

"Pier, should we really be here?" Ciaran asked as they were walking in a snowy path.

"Yes. We should be here. We're here to gamble." Pier responded whilst his hair swayed with the cold winds. He was wearing a thick fur coat on top of his suit and a scarf.

There was no hint of hesitation in the white-haired king's face. It was pure amusement and it was scaring Ciaran.

That's right. This is one of the times where Ciaran feared something.

When Pier decides about something, he would make sure he achieved it.

"We cannot be seen standing on the borders of this kingdom, Pier." He tried to woe him from walking like a suspicious person. In fact, Pier looked like he was a suspicious person right now.

"You said the Heron Kingdom was your previous kingdom, Fenrir." Pier stopped walking as they were now close at the large walls of the kingdom borders. Only a few minutes of walking further ahead, they would be spotted by the soldiers patrolling on top of the giant structures.

"That's right. But we do not even have a plan yet! How are we going to take back my previous kingdom from them-"

"Shh. I have a plan." Pier placed his pointer finger on top of Ciaran's lips and the man stopped talking.

"And that is...?"

"To let things go on their way!" Pier spoke in a cheerful manner which added to the dread Ciaran was feeling.

Pier was adamant in immediately going to the kingdom where Ciaran had been born.

Of course, the white-haired king did not expect to actually find the kingdom so close.

The Heron Kingdom was next to the Taron Kingdom whilst the Mir Mountains was in the center of the two kingdoms.

Ciaran was starting to regret it that he immediately told Pier where he had been born and what kingdom it was.

Pier did not waste a single minute and immediately instructed him to teleport in the borders.

"Fenrir, you trust me, right?" Pier inquired him wherein the vampire king nodded his head eagerly. Of course he trusted Pier!

But he was somehow doubtful.

They were talking about taking a kingdom for themselves without the means of war. Without shedding blood or killing any of their forces.

How can they do that with only the two of them?

Maybe it was possible for Ciaran if he can break inside the thick barrier of holy magic surrounding the entire territory but that was another problem he cannot solve alone.

What about Pier?

Would he be able to take on hundreds and thousands of knights and mages alone inside the kingdom? There was a possibility he could do that too but Pier was speaking otherwise.

The loophole.

That Pier can take the kingdom for the two of them without too much effort.

"Then trust me with this one. I promise I'll give you your original kingdom back in your control." Pier sweetly smiled at him and Ciaran kept his mouth shut.

How can he even retort when his pounding heart was speaking for himself.

"Oh, I will be going inside alone too." He added.

Ciaran's eyes widened when he heard the statement.

Pier?

Alone?