Chapter 173 - Child

A/N: I've been busy with school that's why I can't update daily. Regardless, here's another chapter for you guys. Enjoy! :D

---

"Ha!" The young child held a magic orb in his hand as he stood in his battle stance.

Slowly, his feet started to move. His rugged breathing created clouds from the cold atmosphere.

Faster and faster until his jog turned into a sprint.

His eyebrows were scrunched up in frustration as he could not do anything to even defeat his opponent.

"Tired?" The man asked with a small smile on his face which seemed to have aggravated the boy.

"I-I'm not tired yet!" He then threw the magic orb in the man's direction.

BOOM!

Smoke covered the ground as the magic orb exploded and the power inside erupted and made the surroundings shake for a moment.

"Still not enough." He heard his opponent speak and the little child stopped running as he was tired.

"Haah... haah... You... you're too powerful, father," Raegan spoke in defeat and sat on the ground with heavy breaths.

He was training in the third mountain with the vampire king as it was a part of Raegan's duty to become strong enough because he is a prince of the kingdom.

Though the white-haired king had some objections at first considering Raegan is still three, it changed when they saw the determination in the small dragon's eyes.

Raegan was not human. He was a dragon who was powerful enough to defeat any human enemies even though he is still three.

But that did not secure the future of the kingdom if Raegan remains complacent which the child knew as well.

That's why he was training hard and his goal was...

"I can't even touch your clothes, father!" He whined.

His first goal was to either place a scratch or touch Ciaran's clothes for him to win.

But it was futile. All effort went to waste as Raegan could not keep up with the vampire king who disappeared and reappeared anywhere he desired.

"You need to train harder," the man spoke in a strict voice and Raegan nodded his head eagerly.

He's a child, that's what Pier insisted at first but when the dragon himself insisted too that he wanted to train with his father, Pier's decision was revoked because he was soft when it comes to his son.

"There's no one who can defeat you, father," the little prince of Mir pointed out wherein Ciaran emanated a chuckle from deep within him.

'Nothing, he says,' the vampire king thought as he stole a glance at the side of the battlefield.

He smiled when he saw the white-haired king looking a little sleepy as he leaned on a tree. A half-eaten apple in his hand.

"There's someone who can defeat me, Raegan," Ciaran answered and his son's ears perked up.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Who..." Raegan trailed off but soon realized what his father meant.

"Looks like your dad is a little bit tired. Why don't we ask him to join our duel?" He helped Raegan stand up in which the child's face beamed with excitement.

A duel with his dad and father together? The thought flared his compassion for magic.

Raegan never saw the white-haired king and his father duel together because when that happens, they always move in another place.