Chapter 86 - Heal

Pier rose in his chambers with red and puffy eyes.

He cried so much as he granted his final blessings to the servants who died in the bombing incident. His shoulders were still shaking as he walked and many nobles who saw him tried to console Pier but Asher along with Trevor and the others are making sure no one bothered the young master for the moment.

"Will he be alright, father?" Redon asked, like majority of those that attended the mass ceremony, he was wearing an all-black attire to commemorate the loss.

"Pier looked so broken." Richard also commented but Ronnovian was thinking otherwise.

"He'll be better soon. We must head to the cemetery and attend the burial. Let Pier rest since he casted multiple immense spells at once." He sighed and turned his back, heading to attend the procession of people heading to the nearby cemetery.

The headmaster and his twin sons all started to go in their way as well.

"Your highness-" Elena tried to call the prince but Asher was busy telling the nobles who wanted to go after Pier to stop.

She was once more left in the backstage as people fawned over the young master including her lover, Asher.

However, she was also feeling pity and guilt towards the latter.

Seeing Pier like that broke her heart so much that even if she pretended to not be affected by it, she couldn't. The emotions that welled during the giving of blessings and sentiments were overflowing that it reached her.

Sighing, she hugged herself as the winter winds started to penetrate her skin and give her shivers.

She hated the cold.

Her worries also skyrocketed when she thought about the condition their territory was experiencing right now.

'The strongest blizzard to ever land on the kingdom is currently destroying my home...'

---

Pier rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands when he finally reached the fifth floor of the palace's tower.

It was desolate and empty. The servants he brought here are currently attending the burial ceremony and that includes Martha too.

The head maid had a few friends among those that died and she went along to pay her respects.

Feeling tired and sleepy, Pier continued to walk on the empty halls of the floor. The bright chandeliers that hanged on the roof were giving him light.

His eyes darted outside the window too.

It was still midday but the entire kingdom was engulfed in darkness.

'What could it be?' He asked himself while trying to think about the reason why the world suddenly turned dark when he was about to cast his third blessing.

Small light orbs were glowing outside to give light with the procession and even though people were bothered by the unexplainable phenomena, they wanted to bring rest to the dead.

It did feel familiar. The darkness consuming the world right now feels so familiar that he could not help himself but drown in misery again.

He wished Ciaran was here and he could confide with the prince about all of his problems. But he knew the vampire prince was busy and he could not bother him right now.

Continuing to walk again, Pier sniffed one last time and opened the door of his room.

Caleb had attended the burial with Martha and all that's left on the floor right now were him and Gideon.