Chapter 26 - Human

A/N: Video is "Human - Christina Perri - Cover by Austin and Kurt Schneider" on YouTube! You can listen to it for a better reading experience ;D. I'll tell you when to play it.

---

Thud!

Eliam grunted as his forehead hit the table's edge.

"WHY CAN'T YOU DO IT PROPERLY?!" His mother screamed as she stomped her foot multiple times on the ground.

The young child with soft gray hair bowed his head and blood started to drop.

"WHY?! WHY?! YOU MADE SUCH EMBARASSING MISTAKE ON THE PARTY!" She yelled while grabbing an expensive vase right beside her.

Without hesitations, she threw the object at the young child and it hit Eliam's knees.

But he was silent.

He did not make any noise nor did he cry out in pain.

The vase shattered and some of the pieces dug on his skin. The other fragments scattered around him.

"I'm... sorry" Eliam spoke gently as he wiped the blood off of his forehead. The red liquid staining his pale and skinny hands.

"WHAT'S YOUR SORRY GOING TO DO, ELIAM?! YOU RUINED THE CHANCE OF US GETTING THE CONTRACT WITH THE CEO!" She was screaming nonstop while constantly stomping her high heels on the floor. The wooden floor creaking every time she did so.

It had been an opportunity for the Schneider family to finally meet the CEO of the architectural company they have been eyeing for the past months. However, because the said CEO did not find Eliam's "playing" pleasant, he did not sign the contract with them.

'Weren't you the one who did not humble yourselves and acted all superior in front of him?' Eliam thought in his head but decided not to voice it out.

He did not want to suffer more than he already did.

Why was he being blamed about something adults should be responsible of?

Why are they putting the blame on a fourteen year old child who made a single mistake on the piano?

He did not understand it. None of it made sense for him.

"I'm sorry, mom" Eliam spoke as he clenched his hands and tears flowed down from his head.

Frustrated and angry, his mother removed the high heels from her foot and threw it at the child.

The heel of the shoe hitting his arm in the process. 

"DIE! DIE! I HOPE YOU FUCKING DIE!" She spat as she turned her back and started walking out of the door.

Eliam's disheveled face was unrecognizable. He had multiple bruise marks on his face and he had many wounds on the different parts of his body.

However, the pang in his head hurts the most.

When they arrived at Eliam's "home", her mother immediately started beating her up and hitting his head in every object she could see.

He was starting to get dizzy and his head was spinning so much that he cannot fully identify his surroundings anymore.

Eliam tried to stand up, his hands touching the shattered pieces of the vase and digging into his skin again but he did not mind. He was already too damaged to care.

His skinny body wobbled as he started to walk towards the kitchen.

It had been quite some time since Eliam had eaten. His mother and father did not restock his "home" with food, thus he had nothing to eat.