Chapter 104 - His Nightmare (3)

Ronnovian was quiet as he observed the tea emit steam from the small cup. His arms were crossed as well as his legs.

'He's gone away now.' Hearing the ringing inside his ear, the headmaster continued to stare at the cup without any emotions.

Pier Belmiunde had ran away from the kingdom.

'And with a very powerful candidate.' He pondered over the thought.

He knew that an entity stronger than him was present when the throne room collapsed. The essence applied with the black smoke was reeking with the smell of death that he who had experienced all sorts of the most gruesome stuff wanted to puke at how putrid the stench was.

Death, despair, agony, evil.

These words would suffice to describe the black smoke that covered the entire throne room.

'Pier had been associating with other candidates all along and I wasn't even able to notice it.' He was frustrated.

Who would have thought that his son, whom he thought was about to become a candidate after seeing how Pier can perform many elemental spells at the highest level was interacting with another candidate?

It was all messed up.

"What sovereign would that candidate be?" He tried to think about the possible conclusions based from what he had gathered so far.

First was the scent of death and despair. The black smoke produced such intense magic that the he lagged behind in casting his spells due to the deathly toxins inside.

Second was the ominous feeling when the smoke started to spread inside. Everyone had been too focused in escaping the destructing throne room that they mistook the fear of them dying as something to be associated with the collapsing room.

But in all honesty, the imminent fear of death was associated to the candidate that barged in with so much anger that Ronnovian was frozen in his spot for a few seconds.

'It was too powerful.' He grabbed the cup and sipped from it.

The moment Pier spoke about his lover getting mad, a rush of immense magic power filled the throne room that the walls started to vibrate in response.

The sheer pressure of the unknown candidate's wrath alone was enough to destroy one of the grandest rooms inside the palace.

But at the same time, Ronnovian was somehow uplifted that Pier left the kingdom.

He wasn't a dutiful father figure to begin with. He only fulfilled his tasks of producing an heir for the sake of the House of Masters' tradition and rules.

But he did not know that the firstborn would become extremely powerful to the point he was about to become a candidate.

He needed to avoid that.

Ronnovian's ultimate goal was to become a sovereign itself and he cannot have another candidate beside him.

That would mean he needs to eliminate Pier from the list of candidates since it feels like they would be categorized under the same sovereign title.

Sovereign of Humanity.

The title granted to the strongest and most powerful human to ever live.

That was the only goal he had in life. Yet the walls he built as his foundation started to quiver when his eldest son started to perform magic in such an extremely fast and genius manner that put his years of training in shame.

In a span of half a year, Pier surpassed his abilities.

"There's another thing I'm curious about." He tapped his foot on the floor and that was the only sound that could be heard inside the silent room.