Chapter 94 - Perspective

A/N: For clarifications, an Archduke (Gael's father) is a duke with royal blood or a member of the royal family while a Duke (Raphael's father) is the highest-ranking person within nobility (after the House of Masters in this story though).

Gael's father was the former king's second son and Henry's brother. He was even more passionate than Henry in achieving the throne but couldn't grab it because he was not in a more favorable situation considering he was second born. Thus, he was given the title of an archduke and was given the territory of the north to rule.

---

"Eat this." Pier and Gideon were back at the palace's fifth floor where the noble's room was located at.

Gideon could only gulp in anxiousness as he observed the unending amount of food in front of him.

"Y-Young master..." He trailed off and Pier turned to look at him with a curious gaze. It was a feast for an entire knight battalion that Gideon only saw once a year back in his knight training.

"Are you not hungry?" Pier asked with a somehow sad expression making Gideon stand upright in nervousness. There's no way he could even refute the order of dying if he saw that expression from the young master.

"N-No! I will eat all of this, young master!" He spoke quickly and Pier's smile returned.

'Phew!' He sweatdropped. He had a determined look on his face as Gideon held the knife and fork in his hands.

'They all look so good...' The dread he had earlier after seeing so much food disappeared as he now properly observed everything.

They were all his favorites.

"That's good. Stay here for the meantime and I will meet the king and headmaster." He stood up from his seat wherein Gideon followed suit in instinct.

"Hmmm?" Pier inquired when the table slightly shook when Gideon stood up abruptly.

The sudden reaction came out of Gideon's body. It was unprecedented and uncontrolled. Pier speaking of his leave triggered his body to instantly moved.

Gideon clenched his hands a few times.

"A-Ah... no... nothing, young master. I apologize." He sat back down as if nothing happened which Pier shrugged his shoulders to.

"I'll be within the palace, Gideon. You can look for me in the throne room." Pier assured him and Gideon nodded his head. His chest was beating so loud right now.

'I'm... anxious?' He tried to identify what he was feeling.

When Pier was no longer in the room, Gideon released a deep exhale. His gaze shifted on the glass of water and wine on the corner.

The two liquids were slightly boiling.

---

Pier halted in his steps when he saw someone leaning on the fifth floor's stairs.

"Pardon, why are you in the floor, Sir? I thought his highness had ordered to not let anyone else in?" The white-haired noble asks and the other one who had crimson red hair opened his eyes as he lifted his head.

Their gazes met and Pier, not being the one to back down in any staring competition did not even flinch nor make an awkward move.

"Please forgive my rudeness but His Majesty had instructed me to fetch and accompany the young master when he goes to the throne room." He spoke in a courteous and upright manner which surprised Pier slightly. The man's serene smile continued to appear on his face.