Chapter 32 - Changing the Course of Fate

A/N: Song is Easy on Me by Adele and you can look it up on YouTube for a better reading experience. You can play it from the start directly.

---

In the endless darkness, Pier was crying his heart out.

Tears continued to stream down his face and he was sobbing endlessly.

 "I-I just want to live, is that too much for me to ask?" He wanted to forget, to remove any of those memories that haunted him.

Why was he being punished like this? What did he do?

Is he that much of a sinner that he was constantly being forced to see his misfortunes from time to time?

"I don't want to see the memories anymore, they're hurting me" He spoke as he wiped his eyes but the tears did not even stop.

He was just a child, someone who heavily relied on another person to be his guide. Yet he never got one. Instead, he was treading his own path in the dark alleys.

There wasn't anyone to hold him, there wasn't anyone who consoled him whenever he made a mistake.

Instead, he constantly got beaten up and told he would be killed if he made another mistake again.

Was that even fair?

That's why he decided to forget everything. To put everything aside and focus on where he currently was, as Pier Belmiunde, as the successor of the House of Masters.

Not Eliam Schneider, the dirty, disgusting, and stained person he used to be.

Pier did not want to return in his past life, he was constantly holding on because he had that glint of hope that things would change but it did not.

As the years went by, the world became rougher. It held his neck tighter and it suffocated him until his last breath.

Why was he treated like that? Just because he took interest in playing his fate took a turn for the worst? 

Was that even fair?

He was a cursed being void of any luck. He was an abomination that roamed the world. 

Eliam Schneider was disgusting, he was dirty. People looked down on him because he was used by many. 

He was constantly beaten, starved, degraded.

Eliam was violated in many forms that even until his last breath, he did not see the light of the world even for once. 

He was just a child, what was he supposed to do? He was all alone the entire time with no one to hold his hand and lead him to the better path.

"You forced yourself to forget these memories when you transferred in this world, Guardian" Melfar concluded as he understood why the memories were playing.

It was because Pier kept them at the very back of his mind, buried to be forgotten once he became Pier and lived a new life.

And as he lost consciousness, Pier wandered in the deepest corners of his own self and reached the part where he buried them, the memories of his past.

That was why Pier was suffering right now, he even reached the part of his consciousness where the mythical bird was residing.

And it was hurting him, it was giving him too much pain.

Seeing what he used to be, the used and broken Eliam, he was reminded of how he was treated by everyone around him.

There wasn't a single moment in his life where Eliam became happy, none. He was submerged in despair with no way to get out.