Chapter 25 - Depleted

A/N: I attached a picture of what magic circles look like so you can have a better grasp on the things I write. 

Credits and Ownership goes to Yuanlong Dai on Artstation!

Song is "As the World Caves In" By Matt Maltese in a slowed and reverbed version. You can listen to it for a better reading experience and I'll tell you when to play it.

---

The collision produced so much energy that the magic circle Pier created shook violently.

"W-What is happening...?" Pier asked as he watched Gideon from afar.

"He's developing his own self, Guardian" Melfar spoke but this time, it was calmer.

The huge magic circle that covered the entire palace's sky protected them from the energy that was being released from Gideon's body.

Pier was in a state of confound. 

He cannot take his eyes away from the knight that was currently being struck by the lightning.

"Developing himself...?" Pier asked aimlessly.

"T-This is all too sudden!" Pier shrieked in concern because Gideon looked like he was not well.

Pier wanted to go and save Gideon.

He wanted to remove the gigantic magic circle that he created and just go towards the knight.

However, he knew if he removed the magic circle, the entire palace would probably burn by the lightning and the energy Gideon was releasing.

"Correct, I have seen a few of these incidents where humans who wield the sword undergoes the phase of magic diversion" Melfar explained which confused Pier even further.

"M-... haah... magic diversion?" He asked and he can imagine the phoenix nodding its head.

"The human like the knight up there converts the magic present in the air into his own. He will absorb them and create a foundation suitable for his own use" Melfar continued to explain. 

"Haaah..." Pier breathed in deep. His chest hurt and his entire body felt like it was being twisted in all the wrong directions both inside and outside.

Pier wanted to ask questions further and help Gideon.

However, he could not really open his eyes anymore.

His entire magic was consumed once he created the single magic circle.

"Will the magic circle hold?" Pier asked

"It will. My magic is able to withstand magic diversions from humans so you do not have to worry" Melfar assured which calmed Pier down as well.

"Will he be alright?"

"In most of the cases, yes. However, the knight seems to be somehow different considering it was too late for me to notice his casting of magic diversion. He will still need some time to stay up there and continue the magic diversion"

"I want to be awake when he finishes that magic diversion" Pier spoke in his half consciousness. 

Melfar was silent for a second.

The phoenix wanted to grant its guardian's desires but there will be repercussions if it did so.

"You will come to slumber for a long time if you desire to stay awake amidst the magic depletion you are experiencing, Guardian" Melfar warned but Pier did not care.