Chapter 1

Tara's Pov

Everything came crashing down that one day.

Flashback.
I remember coming back home from school. Coming into the house hearing a deep British voice."I want the herbs. I know you have them. I will kill your wife if you don't give them to me.....NOW" the deep voice yelled. As I walked through the door I got out my safety knife and walked into the room.

"Let him go you monster."

I saw tears come down my mothers face. She was sitting on the ground curled up in the corner on the floor. The fear in my mom's eyes made tears stream down my face. Looking away from her I looked back at the man holding my father by his neck. My father looked at me gasping for air. I gave my attention back to the man who was putting my family in danger.

"Let go of my father and leave us alone".
I could see the man's eyes turn a golden brown color and up under his eyes showed dark veins. When I looked at his teeth I saw two sharp white fangs."Who is this? You didn't tell me you had a daughter" the man holding my father said in a playful tone.The man threw my dad to the floor and stalked toward me. All my confidence left my body as he approached me.

I dropped the knife and stumbled to the ground. I kept scooting myself back as he approached me backing myself into the wall. I closed my eyes as he bent down towards me. I felt a hand touch my cheek making me open my eyes and into the man's golden eyes turning back to a regular hazel color. A devilish smile appeared on his face."I will give you the herbs Nicklaus" my father croaked. The man stared at me the glance over his shoulder at my father.

"Finally. I thought I would have to kill your wife and your daughter for you to comply."
My father got up rubbing his throat which now had a purple bruise. He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a little glass bottle with a green herb inside. He handed it to the man and as the man was walking out of our house he stared at me until his body was gone from my vision.
My mother and father ran to me as we all hugged each other.

Two days later
My mom and dad explained to me what and who that man was. They also explained what they were. That man was named Niklaus Mikealson. His family are the original vampires. How he is a hybrid. Different from his other family members, more dangerous. My parents are different from the original family. There many supernatural beings. My parents being both witches.

I don't have powers cause I didn't inherit them they said. As they continued to explain the phone rang. My father got up and grabbed the phone walking away. Minutes pass and mom and I heard my dad yelling.

"NO.YOU WIll NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR MY DAUGHTER." My father walked back into the room as he looked at my mother then at me."Were leaving. Only pack your clothes everything else stays here." "Why dad? What's wrong"?

"Klaus wants you. I don't why but I will not let him have you. Niklaus has many followers and is too powerful for us to stop him. I can't and I won't lose you". I nodded leaving to go pack.

As we drove away from our home I wondered why us? Why me? I hoped to never see that man again.

Flashback Ended
We've been to many places since my home in California. Paris, New York, and now Texas. We've been running from Niklaus for three years. I am now seventeen years old and in my junior year of high school. Hopefully, this place sticks. Right now I'm currently in my room.

"Tara Dinner" my mother yelled from downstairs. "I'm coming" I peeped.

I walked downstairs to see my mom and dad at the dinning table. We talked about our day while eating our food. Once we finished our meal I wished my mom and dad goodnight. I walked up the stairs and went into my room. My room had a harry potter theme to it. I had a small bed in the corner with a bunch of blankets. I got under the covers and drifted to sleep.

I could his fangs blood on the floor. His face close to mine. His evil smirk and playful dangerous eyes. "Ahhhhhhh.NO.NO" I screamed in my sleep. I woke up to my mom and dad holding me."It's okay, baby. He's not here you're safe" my mother whispered.

Did I forget to tell you that I have nightmares every night? I don't sleep fully throughout the night. "Drink this" my father said handing me a warm cup. I drank it gaging as the horrible taste went down my throat."It's just some herbs to put you to sleep. I know it's hard for you baby" my father whispered holding my hand.  After, handing my mother the cup my body laid back into the pillow. My eyes felt heavy and I heard my parents say "goodnight".

I woke up and went to school. Walking back home the hair on my neck stood feeling a worried sense. I walked inside the house seeing my mother and father watching tv. I smiled and joined them. As I went to sleep that night the weird feeling did stop but got worse. My body tingled like something bad was gonna happen.

I opened my eyes hearing a loud sound. I looked at the time seeing the clock say 4:30 am. I ran downstairs seeing blood everywhere. Furniture was broken my eyes raked the corner to see my parent's bodies on the floor. Next to them was the man I had seen in my nightmares for the last three years.

Klaus POV
3 years before

As I left that old man's house with what I needed I felt weird. I should have killed them all but once I saw that girl's face I couldn't. This herb is what Freya needed for the potion. I flew back to New Orleans. While on the plane the only thing I could think about was that girl.

Finally making it to my home I met my brother Elijah. "Brother, I see you got what Frey needs. Do you know what potion she's making" Elijah asked. "No, but at this point I don't question. I just get what she needs. Make sure no one bothers me" I ordered. I went up into my room.

As I fumbled around grabbing my canvas and painting the picture that has been stuck in my head. I finished the picture only to realize it was her. I threw the canvas to the ground and looked outside my terrace seeing the city at the peak of the night. I vamped out into the streets.

Strolling the dark alley ways until I saw two women. I came behind them the vision of that girl in California came into my head so I bit into one of the girl's necks.While the other girl screamed in horror. I grabbed the other one and compelled her to be calm. I took them back home as we partied all night.

********************
So how did you all like it? I love Originals and I wanted a book that kinda gave Klaus a real love interest. Please like and comment.