Chapter 3

Tara's POV

Niklaus wasn't lying when he said that they would follow me everywhere. They weren't too bad at least they were funny and nice. The girl is named Davina and the guy is named Josh. Taking a guess I would think Josh was gay. Right now I was at lunch sitting with them.

"I'm sorry Tara that you have to go through this. Josh and I both dislike Klaus. I'm only doing this favor for Marcel" Davina explained.
"I'm glad that I got to meet kids my age but I really wish I could see parents. it's just I want to go back home to my parents.I just want to at least know that they are okay" I sighed.
Davina and Josh's eyes held a guilt and sad expression.

"Well, there is a way" Josh blurted. Davina slapped his shoulder"Shut up, Josh". Josh rolled his eyes"Davina is a witch. A very powerful witch . She could cast a spell to see if your parents are alive". I grabbed Davina's wrist pleading with tears come down my face.
"Okay. Come on we need to go somewhere quiet" Davina grabbed my hand with Josh behind us.

We all walk into the library and headed to the last aisle in the back. We  sat on the floor as Davina pulls out a map. She also pulls out a small needle making brows furrowed. "Ok. I'm gonna need a little of your blood Tara" she said holding out her hand for my palm. I gave her the tip of my finger as the blood dripped onto the paper. I heard her mumbling a spell like parents would sometime do. I watched as the blood started moving across the paper then formed into a clot floating off the paper floating mid air.

Davina eyes opened and she smiled. "Your parents are alive"! "How do you know that ?"
Well the blood didn't go splat across the paper so they're not dead. Tears started coming down my cheeks with relief. I hugged Josh and Davina hugged me. I stopped crying letting go of them hearing the bell ring.We walked to our last class which was art. The teacher assigned our seats and I wasn't sitting next to Josh or Davina. I was sat next to this tall black-haired guy. He the prettiest blue eyes and tan skin. I'm 5'4 he looked to be about 6 ft. As we began our first assignment the guy next to me spoke.

"Hi, my name is Damon" he introduced. "I'm Tara" I said shaking his hand. As the period went by  Damon and I just clicked. He was funny and had a cute smile. The bell rang and before I could say goodbye Davina and Josh swept me away.

Klaus POV

Leaving Tara's school. I drove to the bayou so I could see the wolves that had been wreaking havoc in the quarter . I got out of the car to see abandon homes, clothes thrown everywhere. I heard something running up behind me and I fiercely grabbed its throat."What are you doing out here" the guy in hand struggled to say.
I came to talk to my fellow wolves about your acts of violence. I need it to stop"I ordered.

"We don't follow your orders" he growled.
"Well...We will just have to change that. COME OUT, COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE. I HAVE YOUR ALPHA" I yelled tilting my head with amusement.A group of people came out of the bushes and down from the trees. I could smell the fear coming off them and I liked it.

"EITHER YOU ALL STOP YOUR GAMES OF PLAYING IN MY QUARTER OR I WILL KILL YOUR ALPHA. THEN,TAKE OVER THIS WEAK PACK". "No. We will never listen to an abomination like you" another wolf spat.

I had a flashback of Michael repeating those same words and coming back to the realization I had already pulled their alphas heart out. I let the heart roll out of my hands. Four of the wolves ran towards me in rage . By the end of the fight, their hearts were outside their bodies and the other pack members were down on their knees. My face was covered in blood I smiled as I thought about how my love's first day went. I texted Davina telling her to drop off Tara at our home. I needed to be home before them to get cleaned up.

Tara POV

"What are you doing" Davina asked with a temper. Her brows were arched and deep sigh left her."Nothing I was just making a friend. Please don't tell Klaus. I'm worried he might do something if he knows I talk to anyone but you two.Davina looked at me and then at Josh.
"Ok, but he can never know" Josh said glancing at Damon walking down the hallway.

"I could smell him a mile away" Jackson nose scrunched up with disgust. "What do mean" I asked confuse. I thought Damon smelled good.
"Well, I'm a vampire and wolves give off this retched smell"."So you're saying that Damon is a werewolf"? "Yep. Now let's go I need to drop both of you off cause I have a date tonight" clapped his hands.

We got in Josh's car. I looked out the window realizing I would have to see that animal again.

Tara POV

As Josh pulled up around the circle driveway. I put my bag on my back stepping out of the car. Looking at side walk I thought about asking the tourists that were walking by for help but the outcome for me wouldn't be pleasant. All of my thoughts came to a hold as I saw the devil...himself in front of me. He grabbed my hand and walked into the house. "So how was your day , my love" he asked with excitement.
"It was fine I have homework" I said dryly.

I ran past him up to the room and started on my fake homework. Anything to get away from him was best. I heard the door open but I didn't bother to look knowing it was him. He sat across his easel getting ready to paint but paused drinking a glass of blood in it.

Klaus POV
I stared at my canvas adding more brown and red. I could see my picture coming out more clearly. The beauty beside me sleeping on the table with all of her papers beside her. She looked cute. The way her brown skin looked like melted gold when the sun landed on her face. The sun was going down which meant dinner was almost ready. I looked at my painting and saw my finished product. Tara in all her glory on my canvas. Delight settled over me finally feeling truly calm.

I walked to desk Tara was sleeping on slowly patting her face. "My love wake up. We need to put some food in you before you go back to sleep" I said softly surprising myself. She slowly sat up rubbing her eyes. I knew she was disoriented since she didn't jump away from me.Once her mind registered who I was  she abruptly stood up.

"Come, let's go. Everyone's probably waiting on us".She walked towards the door saying nothing to me. As we walked downstairs I saw the family gathered in the courtyard. "Niklaus hurry up. I'm rather famished." "Zipp it for dagger you into a box" I threatened. We all walked into the dining room looking at the delicious food the chef prepared. I had Tara sit next to me as we ate.

Many human waiters came around slicing their wrists feeling up our cups with their blood. I look down to see Tara blank as day as she watched the last server feel up my cup. "You want some, my love" I joked holding the cup towards her. She violently shook her head scrunching up her nose with disgust. I laughed at her reaction startling everyone at the table.

Tara POV
As I felt bile rise from my throat I looked away from the lady serving Klaus her blood. I continued to eat my food hearing discussions.
"So, Klaus did you slaughter the whole pack" Kol grinned."No, however I did kill their Alpha and 4 pack members. I guess I have some more werewolves to add to my pack.""Brother, you should have told me I could have made a deal with them instead of killing those wolves. What if they retaliate. You came here looking tragic in all that blood. We had to get the cleaners here."

"...Brother they weren't gonna respond to your bloody deal. So, I did it my way and at least I didn't slaughter the whole pack. If they try to retaliate I will kill the whole pack."

Tara's POV
"May I be excused" I asked holding my stomach. Niklaus nodded noticing my sickly expression. "Sure, get some rest, my love." I walked away up the steps into the room. I grabbed my clothes and took a quick shower.
When I came out with my pajamas on I saw Klaus lying on the bed with his arms tucked under his head. His eyes were closed.

I slipped into the covers and made sure I was at the edge. As soon as I closed my eyes I felt a pull on my waist dragging me closer to Klaus.

"I thought you were asleep" I squeaked feeling uncomfortable. "Not without you, love. Ever since I first saw you. Its been hard to sleep. For those three years I hardly ever slept. I kept having nightmares of never seeing you again.

"Now, that I have you with me. I can sleep peacefully. Just sleep, Tara. I promise I won't do anything". I closed my eyes and felt tears come down my face falling into the darkness.