Chapter 5

Tara's POV

A week had passed since I had been to school and I'd probably missed a bunch of assignments. I had already gotten dressed and was meeting Klaus in the car. I walked down the steps grabbing a banana nut muffin and some apple juice. I got in Klaus's black Rang Rover and we drove off. As he parked his car in front of the high school I saw Josh and Davina waiting at the entrance. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I turned glancing at Klaus and saw him smiling patting his cheek.

"I will open the door when you give me my goodbye kiss."

I looked a Klaus cheek and moved my face to connect to the side of his face. I got out and started running joining Josh and Davina as we walked to class. The whole school day went by in a flash until we got to last period. We all walked inside the classroom and I went to take my seat. The bell rang and Damon walk into class just in time. He took his assign seat next to me.

"Hello,beautiful where have you been" Damon asked. "Sick" I excused. "I've missed you. I made sure to get all of the work you missed" he smiled handing me a white paint paper."Thank you". "So, those two I saw you with last time are your friends" he questioned looking over at their table. "Yea". I put my homework in my bag that Damon got me and turned my attention to our teacher.

I saw Damon lean toward my ear and whispered"Do you know that one of them is a vampire and the other is a witch"? I snapped my head looking toward him as he grinned.
"No" I chuckled making it seem like I didn't take him seriously."We werewolves have good hearing and your friends said it the first day. Just like how Josh told you I'm a werewolf. I know he's a vampire. You don't have to lie".

"Well since you've ear hustled I guess you know everything" I glared. "Don't get mad at me princess. I just wanted to be friends with you. Friends don't keep secretes. So, what do you have to do with the big bad Niklaus" Damon eyes danced playfully waiting for an answer.

"I guess you don't actually know everything.
Klaus is obsessed with me and took me away from parents. He's keeping me here in New Orleans with him" I whispered. Damon comforted me placing his hand upon mine.
"I always knew he was a deranged sociopath but not someone with a heart. You poor princess. Well,while you're here I will keep you company from that wild beast" Damon joked.

As the class ended I was about to walk away when Damon grabbed my hand."Can I get your number Tara"? I looked down at his phone and back at him. "Sorry.Damon but I don't have a phone. Klaus doesn't let me have a phone but when I get one I can give you my number.
I gotta go I will see you tomorrow".

"Alright,goodbye princess".

I walked to Josh and Davina looking at their annoys faces directed behind me. I turned around seeing an undistinguished expression on Damon's face."Someone's getting a little too close with a certain guy " Davina said flatly.
"No, we were just taking" I said looking away from her eyes. "No, that guy likes you. Y'all would be cute together if Klaus wasn't a mass killer" Josh laughed."We're just friends. Let's go I need to finish all of my make up work" I grumbled.

At the house
Klaus POV
I watched as Tara went straight up the steps into our room. She took a bunch of books and papers out of her bag . She was humming to herself as she was writing. I wonder why she was so happy. I sat beside her and her smile disappeared. Frustration is what I felt at first. However, it had only been three weeks since she's been here. She still looks at me with hatred in her eyes. I want her to smile for me. Love me. Only want me the way I only want her.

"Why won't you talk to me" I asked with gentle voice. I watched her pen hit the table and she turned her head giving me her full attention.
"Why would I talk to the man that took me from my parents? Be happy that I didn't experience the kind of future I want. Who ..won't let me see my parents" she asks.

I thought about if I let her talk to her parents would she be happy. I would be the reason for her smile. I walked out the room and went down to the courtyard. I pulled out my phone and called one of my vampires. "Bring me a nice phone with service" I ordered hanging up.

An hour went by and one of my minions came into the courtyard with the new phone. I snatched it vamping up the steps towards our bedroom. I walked in and saw Tara still working. "Tara" I called. She looked at me "Yes,Niklaus". I clenched my jaw hating the way she called me. "I got you something" I said holding the iPhone box behind my back.

Once I was close enough I presented the phone box to her."You can call Davina and Josh. Your parents as well". Her eyes sparkled with excitement and a small smile appeared on her face."Thank you" she said sincerely. "I'm gonna leave you to talk to your parents but don't try anything. This phone can be taken away. Remember vampire hearing" I tapped my ear.

"I won't I promise "Tara said gripping the box tightly. I walked out of the room closing the door while I heard her dialing numbers."So she has you by a leach already" I turned around seeing Marcellus smiling. "No, I make the rules. I was just tired of seeing her smile at other people but not with me" I said coldly. "Well, she sounds pretty happy right now" Marcellus patted my back.

Marcellus left me alone to listen in on her conversation.

Tara's POV
I dialed my Mothers number first and the phone began to ring."Hello? Who is this" the voice croakers "Mom ....it's me" I wheezed. Tears came down my cheeks. "Honey is that really you. John it's Tara...it's our baby" I could hear footsteps through the phone."Tara is that really you" my father said weakly. "It's me papa. I missed you both so much..."
We've missed you too. How are you? Has he hurt you?Did he ....."I heard my parents cries through phone.

There was pause not wanting to say the words. Then I could hear my dad hiccup "Did he rape you" my father asked."No...no Dad he didn't. He only drank from me for not listening to him. I'm okay. I've been eating well ....I ..I just miss you both so much" I whispered.

I heard my mother's voice. "Just make sure you listen to him. I don't want you to get hurt. Just try to stay safe. Your Dad in I are trying to come to get you. We're trying to gather up some witches but everyone is scared". "No mama. I don't want y'all to get hurt trying to save me. He could kill you all. He wants me to get married to him. I don't know what to do papa, mama" I wheeped.

"My poor child.  I'm not gonna stop until I get you back. Don't give up. Don't let that monster have his way with you"."I promise mama I won't. I heard the door being opened. I told my parents goodbye and ended the call. "Are you okay" he asked with his piercing stare. "Yes ".
I can't just sit around and wait until I get married off to this beast. I have to make an escape plan and it will start with him thinking I'm accepting this place. When I finally get the chance to leave I will escape.

"Come, Tara let's go have dinner" Klaus said waiting by the door. We walked down stairs and I set my plan into action.

*************************
Is Tara gonna escape or will Klaus catch her?