Chapter 17

Klaus POV
I laid in the bed with Tara holding her tight. She hasn't woke up since last night. The sun begin to rose and the light was shining in. Tara began to move around her eyes fluttering open. She sat up looking around with curious curious eyes.

I sat up touching her face with worry.
"I'm so sorry" I whispered.
"Where am I and who are you," she asked shuddering away from my hand. I looked at her with disbelief. I walked out of our room and yelled for  "FREYA". After a minute I watched her come out of her room and walk to me.

"What is it Klaus. It's early for you to be barking orders at me. Shouldn't you be with Tara" I asked."That's the problem. She's lost her memory of me and I think everything else."
"Are you serious." she jested. "Come check her and see."

We walked back into the room and I saw Tara sitting on the bed looking lost.
"Tara do you know who I am" Freya asked.
"No."Freya grabbed me by the hand and took me to the corner. "I'm not a doctor but I can go get Keelin". "Fine but hurry." I watched as Freya went out of her room and came out with Keelin. Keelin waddled her self in front of freya with her huge baby bump.

Keelin checked Tara with her doctor light pen.She walked back over to us with a saad expression on her face.

"She's definitely lost her memory. I don't think we should try to tell her about her past since it could fracture her brain more. I think her brain is trying to protect her. So all the things that hurt her previously she can't or doesn't want to remember" Keelin explained.

"Okay" I nodded. Keelin patted my shoulder with a pity expression. "Yes. And Klaus next time don't wake us up. Take her to the hospital or find your own personal doctor. It's been hard for Keelin to sleep since the pregnancy" Freya said in a somber tone.

Keelin stepped in front of Freya" My advice is to just keep her happy. Try to not to force her to remember."Uh huh" I hummed. I walked back over to Tara and sat beside her.
She looked puzzled. I gently caressed her cheek.This was my chance I know what I've got to do."Can you please tell me who you are and where am I. Who were those two ladies." Tara asked.

" I'm your boyfriend. You got into a little accident we're you slipped in the tub. You lost a bit of your memory, love." She looked me in the eyes while I saw the gears moving in her head.
"Can you tell me what you do remember".
"I do remember you're a hybrid. And that your family are the originals vampires. I remember Josh and Davina. Going to school."."Well that's good.Why don't we get you something eat love."

"Okay" she said softly. I walked her down the steps slowly.We sat down at the dinning table. Tara began to eat while I drank my blood. It was silence in the room but not the normal quietness where she ignores me. More like a peaceful quiet.

After eating lunch we went upstairs. Rebekah and Marcel came out of there room. Tara stared at them as they came up to us and Tara smiled to them. "I will talk to you both in a minute" I said guiding Tara to our room .

Once we we're in our room  I saw Tara looking at the clock on the side of the table.
"So can you answer some questions for me".
"Of course"I said watching her look around the room. "How old am I"? "17, You turn 18 in three months". "Where are my parents" she asked stopping in front of painting she hadn't finished. "They passed away when you were young" I lied. "Oh" she said with a cracked tone.

There was silence until she asked another question."How ...did we meet"?
"Well, I was traveling trying to find something and met you. We ended up falling in love and I brought you here" I smiled. "We are dating. It explains why I'm so comfortable around you" she whispered. I took her hand kissing her forehead."I need to go talk to Rebekah and Marcel. You stay here and get some rest" I squeezed her hand in comforting grip.

"Okay" she nodded.

I walked to the door and slowly closed it. I peaked in to see Tara laying down under the covers than I closed the door. Coming down to the courtyard I could see my family staring at me. "Klaus explain what the bloody hell is going on. Why is Tara looking at us so friendly? She's been giving death glares for weeks" Rebekah asked?

I rolled my eyes "Since everyone's here I guess this is a splendid time to tell you all that Tara has lost her memory." "What"Elijah shrilled.
"How" Khol sighed."She tried to kill her self by drowning in the bathtub." Freya said. "As I told Klaus I think Tara didn't get enough oxygen to the brain it made her loose some of her memories. But technically psychologically there could be another reason why she can't remember" Keelin explained to everyone.

I took a few steps closer to Keelin and Freya stood protectively in front of  her.
"From now on don't say anything about past incidents with Tara. Rebekah the wedding is still on" I said with glaring at Keelin. I left them down in the courtyard and went back up to the room. When I came in I saw Tara snuggled up in the blankets. I got into bed and moved the covers.

I stared at Tara's sleeping frame. She moved around shivering until she rolled into my torso. I wanted to stay like this forever.

********************
What do think will happen between Tara and Klaus? Do you think love will Blossom. Please like and comment.