Chapter 48

Tara's POV
"Will you marry me"

A voice in my head told me "don't" but I shook it away. Klaus loves me and protects me with his everything. I love him.

"YES," I screamed. Klaus slipped the silver square cut ring on my finger. I threw myself onto Klaus making him fall back onto the blanket. I grabbed both sides of his chiseled light tan face and kissed his soft supple lips.

Our lips mushed against one another making me gasp for breath. I sat up sitting on his lap with his hand gripping my lower back. "I'm glad to see you're happy" Klaus smiled looking into my eyes. "Why wouldn't I be" I questioned.

"No reason". My stomach growled making me mush my head into Klau's chest in embarrassment. "How about we get some food in that belly of yours," Klaus said trying to hold in a laugh. I stopped straddling him going toward the brown stray basket full of food. There were finger sandwiches, chips, a cheese tray, and fruit.

Klaus fed me grapes as I lay on my stomach. I sat up looking at Klaus. "Are you okay?" I asked. "Yea, why" he looked down at me. "Well, it's been a while since you've fed from me". "Well, I just didn't want to bother you plus I hate you're in pain". I sat up holding Klaus's hands. "It's the least I could do for my fiancé " I smirked.

Klaus playfully rolled his eyes. I came close putting my back to his chest. He moved my hair to one side giving access to my neck. I closed my eyes feeling a sharp pain in my neck. I could feel the blood flow out of me while Klaus squeezed my lower stomach.

Klaus POV
I wiped the blood spilling on the side of my lips. "Thank you, my love". Taking out a bandaid from the basket I slipped it on her neck.

"Now are you ready to go home," I asked standing up. Tara smiled taking my hand "yes, it's gotten pretty late" she said while looking at the dimmed stars in the sky. "Shouldn't we clean up"? "You head to the car and I will pack up".

Tara nodded walking to the car.

Tara POV
I opened the car door stopping when I felt a pang in my head. "I remember being by a bridge and Klaus in I kissing. Then, I was in a car and someone was in the driver's seat. I kept looking at the rearview looking behind us".

"TARA" I heard someone tell behind me. I turned around smiling " Klaus". He stared at me "Something wrong" he questioned. "Nothing" I stuttered. Klaus helped me into the car closing the door.

What was that? Whatever it was I knew I shouldn't tell Klaus.

Klaus POV
On the way back I held Tara's hand while driving. I had proposed and Tara said yes. This was everything that I wanted. Her parents were locked up and couldn't stop us from being together. Nothing could force us apart she would be mine but for you some reason I still felt anxiety in my chest.

I parked the car and we walked into the courtyard. We saw balloons and flowers falling on us. "CONGRATS" everyone yelled. Tara laughed coming towards Freya and Rebekah who were clapping. "Were you surprised?" Freya asked. "Of course, she was surprised. She didn't know about the proposal" Rebekah hugged Tara.

"I was surprised about the proposal and this party" Tara laughed. I looked around to see my brother standing behind Marcel and Kol. "I will be right back I whispered into Tara's ear.

"Ah, I see the proposal went well" Marcel smiled patting me on the back. I smirked " of course" I glanced over at Tara showing the girls the ring. "Seems you're finally going to get laid soon" Kol glanced at me. I lowered my face giving Kol a deadly glare which made him scurry over to Tara.

Elijah came up beside me still looking at the group around Tara. "Congratious brother. Everything might be going the way you want to know but what happens when she remembers" Elijah said dryly.

"That shall never happen". "And if it does". Before I could answer Elijah he left me standing alone.

Elijah POV
I walked over watching Tara smile at Marcel who mentioned her ring. The pang in my hurt grew to make my face twitch in disdain. However, I smiled once Tara's eyes came upon my face. "I'm happy for you," I told her. "Thank you. Since Klaus told me about my parents I thought of being an only child but now I will have many siblings. I'm glad you will become my brother-in-law".

"Yes," I stuttered not meeting her gaze as she believes the lie Klaus has told her. Klaus came around wrapping his arm around Tara's waist. "Have you both decided on a wedding date?" I asked. "Um," Tara looked at Klaus. "Yes in two weeks" Klaus looked at me.

"Two weeks" Tara muttered pushing Klaus in shock. He looked down at Tara smiling. "Yes, two weeks". "And I already have everything ready" Rebekah smiled. "Wait, you planned everything without telling me. I don't have any input" Tara's voice cracked.

My facial expression dropped as Tara began tearing up. "Great. You planned everything" Tara smiled as tears fell down her face. She walked away going upstairs. "Great" Klaus sighed folding his hand over his face. "I didn't think she would be this upset" Klaus muttered.

Rebekah scoffed "Any woman would be mad that they can't plan their wedding" Rebekah mumbled. I rolled my eyes walking back to my room.

"She will never be truly happy".

*****************************
Do you feel bad for Elijah? I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment!