Chapter 89

Elijah POV
I smiled playing with Tara's hair. She lay peacefully on my chest. After the big scare last night, how could I leave her side. Tara groaned trying to adjust to the light that was coming in. When her eyes finally opened she looked at me with wide eyes. She glanced from my chest that she was leaning against and my face.

She stumbled up from the bed "Elijah" she questioned. I stood up staring at her beautiful glow this early in the morning. "You had a bad dream. You asked me to stay with you" I said standing up from the bed. Tara's eyes fell on my bare chest. I walked up close making Tara glance up at my face.

"You...should put on a shirt" Tara gulped. I laughed "Is me not having a shirt bother you," I asked. She sucked in a breath "No, no...nor at all" she smiled nervously. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom" she carries off to the bathroom. I chuckled moving back to the bed to fix the covers. When I fluffed the pillow Tara came out of the bathroom ruff rushed however she didn't look at me.

"Breakfast" I questioned. "Yes," Tara whined. Elijah headed for the door opening it for me. I smiled going through and heading down the hallway. I went down the steps and sat on the countertops. Elijah pulled out some vegetables and a chopping board.

"How do feel now that you know what you are" I questioned. "It's weird knowing I have other parents. That I'm the daughter of some evil woman who's still out there somewhere. I don't know. I'm scared. Klaus is after me and now this woman is out there too" Tara said. I stopped chopping vegetables and glance at Tara. "We're safe. I promise" Elijah said deeply making my fears disappear.

I heard footsteps and two heartbeats. Smiling I yelled "HI MOM AND DAD". I heard a stumble and continued steps. When my mother came around the wall frowning. "God. That vampire hearing," my mother said. My mom hit my shoulder "don't do that". "Dad" I called hugging him. "She hit me" I pouted. My father glance at my mother and she rolled her eyes.

I smiled feeling the warm energy around me. It had only been four days without my parents and I felt so alone. Now I am happy that we're together again. "Do you need help with anything?" my mother asked Elijah. Elijah glances around the kitchen. "Making Tara's food".

"Perfect" my mother smiled. Elijah and she moved gracefully through the kitchen. Father and I sat at the dining table. Elijah sat my plate down and my mother sat my fathers down. Elijah had made some vegetable egg melts for him and my parents. While my mother had me some potatoes and oatmeal. Of course with bacon and some buttered toast.

We all ate talking about different things. "That was good" I smiled feeling my stomach stuff to the brim. I got up but Elijah was quickly beside me grabbing the plate from me. "Sit down, I've got it," Elijah said heading to sink. I sat back down but not seeing the weird expression on my mother.

"Honey why don't you ask Elijah about a good setup spot for Tara's lessons" I suggested. My father stood up signaling for Elijah to follow him. My mother put her hand over her cheeks smiling like a schoolgirl at me. "So, you and Elijah". "Mom" I groaned. "Hey I'm not judging. Love is found in many different ways".

"I do like Elijah. But I need to get over everything with Klaus. I'm just gonna take everything slow" I explained. My mom nodded slowly but grasped my hand. "Do you think he's your mate? The way he looks at you and cares for you. He might be" my mother said excitedly.

"Again taking things slow. And honestly out what you and father said. I don't really believe in these so-called mates" I said standing up. My mother grasped my hand "It's true. You might not feel it yet but when you have some type of feeling for your mate. It will bring out your wolf. And they will tell you. You will know it's real".

Feeling a bit creeped out I smiled and left in the direction of Elijah and my dad. Going through the screen door with my jacket I walked outside. Elijah was placing a glass on top of a stomp further out. Walking through the thick grass I got to where Elijah and my father was.

"So what will I be doing here" I glance at the lineup of ten glasses on stumps. "We're going to practice control," my father said folding his arms. "You're going to try using your magic and only break one glass. Just contrate on one glass" my father said with his hand on my shoulder. Elijah and he stood safely behind me.

I breathed in picturing the glass in front of me breaking however I heard the shattering of a few glasses. I opened my eyes to see five glasses shattered. I rubbed my face in frustration "god". My father patted me on the back "It's fine. You're not gonna get it on the first try. We will practice until you can control it" my father smiled.

"I'm gonna go get some more glasses. We found a bunch of these in the barn" my dad said leaving Elijah and me alone. I went to the nearby tree that had a bench in front of it. Elijah sat beside me as I looked at the beautiful sky. "You know I want you to learn to protect yourself. If Klaus ever finds us you need to be able to find him off with magic" Elijah said.

"I know. But won't I have you" I smiled kicking my legs. "Of course, you will. I will protect you and this baby until my last breath" Elijah said staring into my eyes. The way he looked at me erupted butterflies in my chest. Elijah leaned in close to me. Our lips inching from one another.

We kissed.

******************
Finally, Team Elijah shipped has sailed with Tara. How are we feeling? Please comment and vote it encourages me to update more chapters!