Chapter 90

Tara POV
I hadn't talked to Elijah in two days. Things have been awkward or more like I've been awkward.

Flashback
I came out of my room looking left and right. No sight of Elijah. Walking down the hallway going to the steps I knocked into Eijah. He caught me having his hand on my lower back. I stared at him then his lips. Then I laughed awkwardly and use my vampire speed to run away.

Flashback ended
Now I was currently screaming into my pillow. I stopped lifting my head thinking. He could hear me scream into my pillow. My stomach growled and I looked at my belly. I had begun to show and the clothes we once bought at the store were starting to get too tight. I am eating for two now.

Because of my avoiding Elijah, I hadn't been fed in two days. Which I knew was bad for the baby. I came out of the room going downstairs. Mom should have made food by now. I did smell flood. I came around the corner entering the kitchen to see candles spread everywhere. There were two plates of pasta sitting at the table. And some pretty roses.

"This is beautiful," I said. "I am relieved you like it," Elijah said from behind me. I turned around catching my breath. "You scared me".
Elijah grabbed my hand sitting me down. "I'm sorry," he said sitting on the opposite side. This feels like a date. "Your mother helped me with all this". "Of course, she did," I said taking a sip of the water.

"You've been avoiding me. I wanted us to be alone. Maybe then you would look at me" he said. I gazed at him sighing. His eyes held an intensity that showed all of his emotions. "I...I wasn't....trying to avoid you... I mean I was but it's only because of the kiss" I blurted. "Did you not like the kiss" Elijah whispered.

I was silent but my eyes began to well up. Elijah got up from his seat bending down and wiping my tears. "It's just. I married your brother forcefully and I didn't want it to be weird between us. I'm your sister-in-law" I cried out. Elijah chuckled "I love you. Do you think that's weird," he asked. "It's not strange". "Then great. And who cares. You didn't want to marry my brother. I would like to be with you in a none brother way," Elijah said holding my hand. "I want to take things slow," I said looking at Elijah's lips.

He smiled nodding his head as our faces moved closer. I grasped his jaw as Elijah kissed me gently. Elijah picked me up from my seat holding me carefully. He carried me to the living room where the fire was on. We sat on the couch with me straddled Elijah's lap.

Elijah held my lower back for support as I kissed him holding onto his shoulder. A groan escaped from his lips making our eyes connect.

Elijah POV
In this moment I knew everything I had done was worth it. She was the only thing that existed. Our kiss was only a fraction of the things I wanted to do to her but at this moment I get complete. Like all the people I had been with before never compared. Like I had been waiting just for this sweet angel.

Tara kissed my lips but she stopped abruptly. I felt a prick on my lip and Tara began sucking my lip. I held her shoulders pulling her away. Her eyes were a deep blue and she stared at me hungrily. "You haven't eaten" I spoke but Tara was out of it. I unbutton my shirt giving access to my neck. Tara's mouth hovered over my neck finally piercing my skin.

She grasped my neck drinking my blood. I petted her head until she was satisfied and stopped drinking.

Tara POV
I laid in Elijah's arms our legs tangled up in one another. My back was pressed against his chest. I played with his fingers as he rubbed my belly. "How long have you loved me," I asked. "Since the first time, I saw you. Something just clicked. It has always been comfortable being with you and around you. But I realized my feelings were more when I saw how hurt you were being with my brother".

I felt flush hearing Elijah's explanation. "How long have you liked me," Elijah said. Playful tone. I laughed "Not when I first met you. I hated everyone but you were someone who I could relate to. We both loved books. You were always kind to me. I... Just developed feelings. I can't really explain it" I shrugged my shoulder.

Elijah hugged me kissing my head. "I'm glad that we understand not of our feelings," Elijah said. "Me too" I smiled. As we lay on the couch in front of the fireplace. I felt deep in my heart a mixture of emotions. One that things felt safe and comfortable in my arms. However, something was missing. A spark. Some fire.

***********************
The ship just started and it's not looking too good for Team Elijah. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment it encourages me to write more!