Chapter 142

CALAHAN POV
I was a proud mom. Although, I missed out on watching my daughter grow up. I was now hopeful that my daughter could take over my throne. Now I just had to worry about her with Damon. I sat at the table watching Tara talk with Alec. Alec enjoyed Tara being just like him. They saw the good in everyone, thought that all the supernaturals were just like us. That we should be there equals.

However, I could see how more alike she was to me. "Actually today I am the proudest mom ever" I gleamed looking over to Tara. Alec and Tara stopped their conversation. "Why is that" he asked. "Tara killed an alpha. She stopped his heart. Not her first kill technically. She is understanding her part in this world. Our world" I rejoiced. Alec went tight lip looking to me.

"Did she force this upon you" Alec asked holding Tara's cheek. "No" she stated. "I think that we should leave these two alone" I look to Damon. "They need to grow their relationship. I've decided we will hold their wedding in three days". I stood up walking out leaving Tara and Damon. I heard a slam against the table and shortly Alec footsteps behind me.

As I made it to our bedroom he closed it  behind himself. He span me around putting my back up against the wall. He held me by my throat "What are you doing? She dosent love him surely you see that. He's not Tara's mate"Alec growled. "Now you're looking at me. You wouldn't speak to me and now you're only talking to me because of our child" I snapped.

He let me go looking at me with disbelief. "Are you only doing this so I will speak to you" he questioned. I shook my head letting my hand grace his chest. "I don't need to marry our daughter for that. I'm marrying her because she needs to marry a monere. We are better than every other supernatural. Why would I have her king be someone lower than her. Some outsider. If you hadn't done what you did. Damon and Tara would have grew up together. There feelings could develop naturally. Not just meeting each other now and getting married in the span of three days" I growled.

"You know I won't let this happen" Alec muttered darkly. "And whatever will you do to me" I whispered looking hungrily at him. "What you want me to do? What you've wanted for five hundred years that I wouldn't give to you" he explained. He gripped my hand as I began to feel his bond. His feelings, his heart opening up back to me.

I sucked in a deep breath feeling everything come back in at once. I let my hands rest upon his shoulder pushing him onto the bed. "You will stop the wedding" Alec looked at me from the bed. As I pulled off my clothes I looked over his face. "I will" I agreed. I could feel his arousal as he flipped us. My chest planted into the bed. My ass up bare ready for pounding.

"Now, can you stop talking" my voice dripped with suduction.

Tara POV
"The mating ritual will happen in three days" Damon said with a smile tipping his head at me. "Mating Ritual" I questioned. "Wedding. We have lived a long time. Before weddings there were mating rituals. We mix our blood as one. There is a dance of sorts. Then mate" he explained. "I don't know you" I say. "We have three days to get to know each other. I say we go on a date. How about it" ?

"Fine". Damon came over helping me out of my chair. We made it to our room. He showered then I. As I slipped into bed I closed my eyes trying to stop my emotions from showing. Klaus was dead. Although he had done some horrible things I wasn't able to tell him. That I had forgiven him. That I ....I cared for him. I would never get to see my daughter grow up. Use her powers. They were both dead.

The next day Damon had taken me on a drive. I saw the community even interacted with them. It seemed like a wonderful town and people. However, Damon was not the same charismatic cool guy I had met before. He treated everyone like crap like they were below him. He only sympathized with me to get me to be by his side. So, I ended the date early going back to my father.

He was sat at a chair in front of a large canvas. "Tara" he smiled. I came closer inspecting his work. He held both my hands in a comforting grip. "Your mother is going to stop your mating ritual". "And she said this to you. Really?" "Yes, sweetheart" he said with a quirky smile. I glanced at his neck seeing the bite marks making my eyes widen with perspective.

"Did you sleep with CALAHAN" I asked stepping back. My father stood up having a redness on his cheeks and ears. "I don't think that's anything you should be asking," my father said embarrassed. "I see," I said trying to hide my disappointment. CALAHAN came in "Alec" she smiled. I watch her breeze past me wrapping her arm around my father and him snaking his arm around her waist.

"I was thinking we could go on a picnicic. Just us three" CALAHAN giggled. "That sounds great doesn't it, Tara" my father added. "Yes" I smiled. "Great" they both rejoiced.

"What a perfect pitch family" I thought.