Chapter 70

Tara POV
I felt numb. He had killed not only Damon but his sister too. He took my parents from me. My virginity. My eyes dead I walked towards the bedroom. Before opening the door I heard Klaus.

"Where are you going love" I heard Klaus two doors over. Still looking at the door my body went stiff. I took a deep breath and spoke. "I want to take a hot bath to soothe my muscles". "Do you need help?" he said in a gentle tone. "NO," I said loudly.

"Okay. I get it. You annoyed me. I will be downstairs" Klaus said walking down the stairs. After one last glance to make sure he was gone, I opened the door closing it.

I turn on the sink and grab a razor from Klaus's part of the sink. Sitting down I sobbed deeply. I didn't want to have this. This thing. And I didn't want to marry him. How stupid was I to forget my parents? Saying I love him. Betraying Damon. I took a deep breath looking at a blade in my hand. With my hands, I dragged the blade across my skin.

I could the pain erupting in both my arms as I sat back. I bit my lip to stop myself from screaming. As blood spilled from
My arm slowly drifted away from everything. I dried laughed at my last victory.

Klaus would have to see me and his precious child dead.

KLAUS POV
I could hear the water running and had been an hour. My body felt restless and the hairs on my neck had been up. Something felt wrong. Tara seemed cold but it could be the over-safety I've been doing since finding out she was pregnant.

I walked up the stairs going into the bedroom. When I got close to the restroom I looked at the ground to see a puddle had formed coming out of the restroom. I flung the door open looking at Tara's head laying side. She was leaning against the sink eyes closed. What made my body shake wasn't just the blood but the sound I couldn't hear.

                        She has no heartbeat

I scrambled to the floor taking Tara's body into my arms. I felt a loud yelp come from deep within me and out. I screamed holding Tara tightly into my chest. Rebekah and Elijah came in gasps. Elikajah gripped the door looking at Tara. Rebekah gasped holding her hand to her mouth "Oh my god".

"Is... Is she" Rebekah stuttered. "SHE NOT DEAD. SHE CANT BE. GET KEELIN NOW" I yelled fiercely. Rebekah scurried off to
go find Keelin while I carried Tara to the bed. I held Tara's cold hand as it began hard to breathe.

"Why. Why Would she do this" Elijah said with a shaken voice? I brushed her head back tightly gripping her hand. Keelin came in with Freya and Rebekah behind her. Once Keelin got close she froze. His gaze went to me and she gulped. Her skin paled. "WHAT ARE YOU STANDING THERE FOR? Fix her" I growled.

Freya held Keelin's hand. "Klaus..she's" Klaus couldn't continue talking. "She what" I questioned looking over Tara's pale face. She's just really tired that's why her bodies are so cold. And her once golden brown skin was a bit yellow.

"She's Dead" Elijah whispered.

My teeth clenched and my blood went cold. I turned around lunging at Elijah. Elijah fell to the ground as I punched him continuously. "IT WAS YOU. YOU WERE THE LAST PERSON. SHE WAS WITH" I yelled. Elijah kicked me off making me stumble into the wall. Elijah scoffed and punched me in the stomach.

"What did I. Do to her? What did you do to her" Elijah questioned. "STOP IT YOU GUYS" Freya yelled. There was silence until I heard it. It was a heartbeat slow but faint. I slowly got up off the ground scrawling to Tara. "What's going on," Keelin said but Rebekah shushed her.

I put my head to Tara's chest and heard nothing. My eyes looked at Tara's stomach. I slowly guided my face stopping over Tara's stomach. "The baby. she's alive" I gasped. Keelin rushed over putting her stethoscope on. She moved the circular object of Tara's stomach. Our eyes connected and she sadly smiled.

"How is this possible" Rebekah whispered. "She can't be dead if this baby is alive" Keelin mumbled. I growled slightly trying to grip the situation. "She's turning" Elijah's voice faded to a whisper. "WHAT," we all said in unison looking at Elijah.

"I gave her some of my blood because she dropped a glass of water. Her legs were cut up. If I had known" Elijah held his head down.
I gripped Elijah's shoulder smiling. "Thank you, brother. You just saved my wife and kid" I said hugging him tightly.

"How is the baby still alive," Rebekah asked folding her arms. "The baby must have used magic to keep itself alive" Freya explained. I smiled rubbing Tara's stomach. "So you take after your mother" I cooed.

"We need to get everything ready," Rebekah said in a hurry to leave. "Freya, Keelin get some dark curtains and make sure the maids make little noise". Tara will be se given to sight, smell, and hearing. She will also need flesh and blood.

I kissed Tara's head "I'll be back my loves" I whispered. "Watch her I'm going to get her a fresh body," I told Elijah. Just as I got to the door I stopped in my tracks.

She slit her wrist. She wanted to kill herself and our child.

***************************

Just a friendly reminder to vote for the story, so it reaches more people, which means more wonderful comments! Thank for everyone who's recommended this book. That's it. That's the message. Vote and follow me. Perhaps leave a comment too if you feel like it! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.