Chapter 139

Tara POV
"I'm happy you've accepted everything" Damon softly smiled. He sat at his desk while I sat at the edge of the bed. "It's not your fault you were put in this position. Like you said we both loss our people" I spoke while looking down at the floor. I stood up sitting in front of Damon desk where he was sitting. He fiddled with papers and stiffened as I sat down.

"So, if we're mates now. Why haven't I felt any sparks or a connection between us" I asked. He looked up with hooded eyes and smirked. "You just haven't felt it yet but you will" he said while holding my hand. I felt nothing no tingle, no spark. He wasn't Klaus. Our heads moved to the door hearing it open. "Dinner is ready" the maid spoke with her eyes locked to our hands. I quickly removed my hand and left.

I could hear the sound of laughter coming from our room. As I came down the steps Damon met my strides. He held my hand making me stop. "Don't leave me. I get lonely without you" he frowned. I gleamed continuing walking hand and hand.

The maids standing at the door opened it letting us in. My eyes went wide seeing CALAHAN not at the head of the table. My father sat at the head of the table. She beside him. Two seats on the other side of the table for us. Damon helped me with my chair and I sat down. My eyes never leaving my father. "Look at you two. Don't they look beautiful together " she glanced to my father. His eyes felt like it was piercing my soul.

"Are you happy" he asked? The room was quiet as he waited for my answer. CALAHAN and Damon looked at me. I smiled nodding my head. "Why ever would you ask her that? Of course she's happy. With her mate and back with us". "How about we talk about something else"Damon suggested. The meal was served "I don't think I asked you, anything" my father voiced coldly to Damon.

Damon gulped "you're right". CALAHAN laughed awkwardly  "I'm guessing you're a full monere" he whispered looking at me. "Yes" I said lowly. His lips became tight "but you look so young. I wanted you to be able to live. Find a boy you like. Find things you love about the world " he said with a solemn tone .

I sat my fork down looking at my plate. "I love art" I smiled looking at his eyes grow wide.  A cheerful smile appeared on his face. "I love art too. We should draw together some time" he urged. "I would love that" I said while taking my glass. "Look at you two. I guess that's one thing you got from your father" CALHAN cheered.

"You mentioned a guy Klaus was it-"he asked with a curious voice but got cut off. The sound of a fist coming in contact with the table stop me from answering. "Let's not talk about that other life. This is the life you were supposed to have. With her mate. We're altogether. We should talk about the future. Like your duties" CALHAN voiced boomed with authority. "Duties" my father questioned. "She saw our town today. Tomorrow she should follow me. Helping delegate. Her duties. She won't become Queen until she learns the proper way to do things".

"QUEEN" my father yelled. " Alec your voice. Calm down". "YOU THINK SHE WANTS TO BE QUEEN. THIS IS WHY I SENT HER AWAY. IF YOU HAD KILLED HER REAL MATE AND CHILD. YOU THINK SHE'D WANT TO STAY HERE" Father stood up slamming his fist against the table. Callahan stood up "Children please leave," she said while staring at my father. Damon helped me out of my chair and we left them. Not before seeing the door close hearing glass shattering.

We went back up to the bedroom where Damon took off his suit getting relaxed. I sat on the bed. "They're more complicated than us" Damon laughed. "My father doesn't like you" I looked over to Damon. "He never has," Damon said in a low tone. "Do you want to shower first" he asked. "Go ahead," I said dryly trying to hide my disgust. He took off his shirt and headed to the restroom. The door closed and opened. He leaned against the door frame "wanna join me". 

"No" I said while looking him in the eye. "Your loss" he said right before closing the door.

Calhan POV
"You chose me. She is supposed to become Queen. I brought her back for you". "For me. You mean yourself" Alec spat. "You stop talking to me and cut off all the emotions from
our bond. It felt like you hated me but I couldn't forgive you. Because you gave away my only child. She's going to become Queen weather you like it or not. You both will see that I'm doing this all for us".

"Did you kill her child our grandchild because it was for us?" "Yes, it was the only way she would stay. She wouldn't listen". "Haa" he sighed. "You locked me up because you say I gave away our child. That's not the reason. I didn't do what you wanted me to do. I love you but I'm done. I will stay in a different room. Spend time with the daughter I never got to know" he said leaving me alone.

I sighed sitting back in my seat frustrated and hurt.

Hi guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote it encourages me to continue writing. I will also be editing some of the chapters.