N I N E

Song: Plastic Hearts- Miley Cyrus

A L E X

"Are you here to tell me why Ivy is ghosting me?" Jayden asks holding his face and I just sit back and watch.

"She's embarrassed, she doesn't wanna speak to you because she's embarrassed" Leilani speaks and we all furrow our brows, Leilanis always on some shit.

"Embarrassed?" He repeats.

"When you guys were having sex you said something and it made her uncomfortable and embarrassed" Kimani breaks it down and Jayden still squints.

"Why does this always happen with you females? I didn't do anything wrong if she didn't want to face me while telling me she wasn't interested you should have said that, not the making up random bullshit-" but Ciara cuts him off.

"So you didn't say 'Samir was right' while having sex with her?" Ciara asks and he clenches his jaw at a loss for words.

"Oh that's what I thought, you don't even understand the context with Samir you just know whatever he told you and you saying that made her very upset and embarrassed" Leilani goes on but I'm at a loss for words.

All I knew was that Samir was telling people intimate details about him and Ivy having sex.

"So that's what this is about?, Are you fucking serious?, She should have taken it as a compliment if anything, Samir said good things about her so I don't see the fucking issue?" Jayden finally opens his mouth.

"I need to leave before your brother gets slapped up again" Kimani paces back and forth.

"Nobody will be getting slapped" Ivy adds as she walks into the house making everyone turn to her. Why isn't the fucking door locked?

"Oh look who decided to show up?" I pitch in. I'm genuinely upset, I actually needed help with my work and she just disappeared.

"Shut the fuck up Alex" She shoots a glare at me. There's that stupid bitchy attitude I needed back.

"So you ghosted me?" He asks her and she looks at him like she's debating what to say.

"Would you rather me insult you and hurt your feelings or am I allowed to cool down?" Ivy asks and Jayden stops talking, he should keep his mouth shut, if he upsets Ivy anymore I'm afraid she'll stop being my tutor, I can't believe I'm saying this but I need her, she helps.

"Also the touching and grabbing everywhere we go, I'm not a sex toy for display" She adds on and Jayden only takes it in. Good, don't react Jayden.

"I'm sorry for making you feel that way" He apologizes and Ivy only looks at him still upset.

"You should be" Is all she mutters before turning away and walking out but when it hits that she's about to leave without me asking her so I follow her out.

"What Alex?" She asks as she starts walking back to her dorm.

"If you're going to tell me I told you so don't bother" She adds reminding me of when I told her he only wanted her for her body and sex.

"No, I was going to ask if you could still tutor me?" She stops in her tracks when she hears the question.

"I didn't think you wanted it to continue." She looks at me.

"I mean not really but I've been passing so, unfortunately, I would want you to keep helping me" I explain and it looks like she's contemplating.

She doesn't respond though instead she starts walking away and I squint.

"Are you going to stand there Alex? Get your stuff" She tells me and I take that as a positive.

We end up walking to the library, I've never actually been in here before. I work on some assignments and she checks them over and helps me with what was off.

T H E  N E X T  D A Y

"Newton's laws of motion are three laws of classical mechanics that describe the relationship between the motion of an object and the forces acting on it, the test is just going to be solely on the laws, so you understand?" Ivy is saying something but I'm not collecting it in my brain, yesterday the library was fine because it was empty but there are people around, and my brain isn't functioning, I hate being here.

"Alex?" She asks and I look at her.

"I can't focus in this environment" I deadpan and she rolls her eyes, she's always rolling her fucking eyes. They should've been stuck by the point.

"I'm not going to your beach house" She shrugs and I glare at her.

"Jayden probably won't even be there" I lie, I know he's there because he told us he was hooking up with a new girl.

"I'm not avoiding Jayden I just need to be close to campus in case I have to run to cheer" She rebuttals, sometimes I forget she's an athlete.

"Then what," I ask and she sits and thinks and I can see the idea forming in her brain but it looks as if she's against it.

"The only other place we could go is my dorm" She offers and I squint, why would I ever want to be in her dorm, but I have no choice.

"Fine" I sigh standing up and waiting for her to walk, once she does I follow.

When we get to the halls the area is nice, it smells good too, when I enter the room I'm a little surprised. I mean I've been in many girls' dorms but I've never been in Ivy's. It smells like coconut and the beach on one side and on the other, it smells sweet like candy.

"Let me guess, the side that smells like coconut and has the purple accessories along with medals and the bed with 10 pillows is your side," I ask and I see her conceal her laughter with an eye roll.

"Well, I like coconuts and purple is my favorite color, at least my room doesn't smell like axe body spray" She jokes and I roll my eyes.

"My room doesn't smell like axe body spray, you've been in it multiple times it smells like those little dryer sheets." I laugh.

"It does" She semi-agrees, we've never really agreed on stuff.

I go to sit on her bed but she stops me, "Do not sit on my bed with your outside clothes", I glare at her but she's completely serious.

"So do I sit on the floor, at your desk, or should I remove my clothes?" I ask and she once again rolls her eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you your eyes are gonna get stuck like that?" I tell her and she looks at me licking her lips before speaking.

"Has anyone ever told you I don't care?" She always has a response up her sleeve, I wish I could just shut her up.

"Well, I'm not sitting on the floor," I tell her and she shrugs grabbing the rolling chair and bringing it to face her bed, assuming that's for me to sit in.

She then walks to her closet taking her top off, my heart raced for a moment thinking I was going to get flashed but she has a sports bra on under, she also slipped her sweatpants off just to reveal blue cheer shorts that hug her body perfectly.

"So you just always have your cheer clothes underneath?" I ask.

"Well yeah," She says as if it's obvious.

"Now stop staring and listen to me explain Newton's Laws" She starts and I roll my eyes.

"Trust me, you're the last thing I'd stare at" I insult her hoping that'll bring her ego down a couple of notches.

"Good, I could say the same for you" She smiles spitefully at me before starting to read them again.

"Anyways, Law 1 is A body remains at rest, or in motion at a constant speed in a straight line, unless acted upon by a force, Law 2 is When a body is acted upon by a force, the time rate of change of its momentum equals the force, and Law 3 is If two bodies exert forces on each other, these forces have the same magnitude but opposite directions."

She starts to explain and I listen intently watching her lips move and take in each letter.