S I X T Y E I G H T*

I V Y

After hours of hard work Kimani, Alex, Sasha, and I are on our way to my mom's place.

We've been listening to music for a while, just talking and explaining the family drama.

"Wait so you said your aunt left her baby daddy but he's still coming?" Sasha squints and I just look back at them confused.

"Yeah, but that's all, now you're caught up," She tells him and I smile slightly.

"Ivy didn't even tell me her family drama yet" Alex speaks up and I just toy around with the wheel.

"There's no drama, my dad had an affair with the nurse who was helping Iris a couple of months ago and my mom caught them and now they're at each other's throats trying to hide it. My sister is bringing her boyfriend who she was just telling me was acting up."

"My dad's mom will be there and my dad's mom hates my mom. My cousins will be there but Trinity hates me for some random reason. Aurora is one of my closest cousins and my best friend from high school is coming" It's not really drama but then again not much drama really goes on in the family anymore.

The rest of the ride is really just us listening to songs and enjoying ourselves before the storm.

"I'm still annoyed that you bit me" I slap his hand away when he touches my thigh.

He calls them love bites but I don't get why you need to show your love by biting me. I keep telling him to cut the weird shit out but he thinks I'm joking and he just laughs.

"I said I was sorry" He takes offense.

"Doesn't matter" Not only did he bite me but it actually hurt.

"Come on Ivy, I did it because I love you" Bullshit, he's even trying to hide a laugh while saying it, he only did it to bother me.

"I love you too but that really hurt, it was like you were actually trying to antagonize me," I tell him and he rolls his eyes.

"Wait wait wait, since when did you guys tell each other you love each other?" Kimani squints.

"Long story and we're just pulling up," I tell her once we get to my house.

"This is cute," Alex tells me but it comes off as a little petty considering his huge ass house

"It better be cute it cost my mom 300k" She bought it a while ago while houses were still so cheap.

"Wait Iv, do you still have your pain killers I have the biggest muscle cramp," Alex asks before we get out and I nod handing him the blue pills Ciara gave me.

"Honestly something about using Ciara's Naproxen because everyone is afraid to have any kind of drug on campus since Samir got caught is kinda funny" He laughs while taking one.