T W E N T Y F I V E

I V Y

Competition season starts today. I haven't seen Alex since Sunday which makes it almost a week since what happened happened.

Todays Friday and we have our first cheer comp tomorrow.

The girls and I are helping with the uniforms since everyone had to get remeasured. Along with putting together final touches to routines.

Everyone is probably going to sleep very early to wake up early or sleep very late because of helping prep.

During these times this is when being a huge team comes in handy. The guys have a football game tomorrow as well, but we also have a competition so we always have cuts for each competition and everyone who is cut stays to cheer the team on.

Obviously the girls who are deemed as stronger always make cuts but coach doesn't give them automatic ins, she believes everyone should have a fair share of making it especially since some people start lacking off once they know they're in for good.

Being in the competitions leading up to the big Daytona competition is essential because that'll be how she determines the final team, of course if you haven't been in the competitions before you still have an opportunity to make the final Daytona team however you're just at more of a disadvantage because she hasn't seen how you can be at a performance.

However going to competitions aren't always a positive because if you mess up that'll go into count too and you'd be at a disadvantage too.

For this competition it's very simple, we just do our 2 minute and 30 second routine against one other group and see if we beat them. It's somewhat like a bracket.

In order to get into the  national championships we go through a bracket. Since we were previous winners we have that automatic in so we won't have to start from the bottom and if we do loose a competition leading up to the championships we won't be out completely we'd just need an extra competition to make up for it.

The only important competitions are the semi finals and quarter finals and it's essential that we make it in the final 8 so we can compete at nationals.

However before we even get there we have to do well with the bracket competitions. There was over 250 people who made it in and now it's around 200 left since competition season already started for the newer and inexperienced teams.

After this competition there's probably going to be 150 left because there's going to be 10 different competitions going on around the united states where people will compete to see where they stand.

"Thank you so much for the help with the placements and clothes but you guys can go now, it's already 11pm and the competition is about 5 hours away so I need everyone to be packed well" Coach daisy tells us and we all nod

She's not wrong it's an out of state competition so we'd need to pack and wake up early however I normally take a nap then sleep mostly on the bus.

"You're welcome coach D, See you in the morning" I smile at her and she smiles back nodding me off.

Kimani waits for me to get my cheer duffle with Sasha and coincidentally while i'm doing that Coach D follows.

"Oh" She widens her when she notices the way Sasha is holding onto Kimani.

"Hi Coach Daisy" Sasha speaks up removing his hand from her waist.

"Hi Sasha, You didn't have to move your hand you're grown and I trust that you two are making responsible grown up choices. I just came to give Kimani her jacket because she left it" Coach explains and Kimani nods taking it.