S E V E N T Y O N E

"It's not like you've ever tried to stay
Sometimes it seems like I'm in your way
Well, that's how it seems"
YKWIM- Yot Club

"Where have you been?
Do you know when you're coming back?
'Cause since you've been gone
I've got along but I've been sad"
Reflections- The Neighbourhood

The songs of this chapter are
Ykwim by Yot Club
and
Reflections by The Neighbourhood

Dark topics mentioned include grooming, statutory rape, dark/suicidal thoughts, and things similar to that. Also, this was so extremely uncomfortable for me to write, it's gonna be ten times harder for y'all to read, so I don't mind if you skim through the flashback portion.

A L E X
seven years ago.

She's really pretty, she's been watching me for a couple of months now and I had to grow into it but I trust her.

She's like the big sister I've always wanted since Alexis is never present. Alexis is only 16 but she is a mess, why did my parents let her get a license now her 19-year-old boyfriend lets her drive his car and she's never actually had a proper lesson.

"Alex" I hear her voice from down the hall.

"Sarah" I shout right back and she peaks her head in smiling.

"So your parents just left for some busy business meeting I guess and now it's just me and you buddy" She stands there picking at her nails.

Her hair is red this week, I love her red hair, is different from the girls in middle school they aren't allowed the dye their colors so it's always brunette or blonde.

Sarah always has red hair or blonde hair, I love the red hair though.

There is this one girl who has red tips at the end of her hair, she invited me to a party, in her basement, it's my first one.

All I do is play football and I guess it's paid off because I'm invited to something.

"What's on your mind A, you're quiet" She sits down on my bed and I just shrug.

"I got invited to a party and I just know they're gonna play the games like spin the bottle and five minutes in heaven and well I've never been to one let alone had a first kiss" It's embarrassing I don't even know why I'm telling her.

"Well my first kiss was when I was in high school and the guy I liked just went for it, it was simple, it just depends on the kind of kiss" I guess she's right.

"With spin the bottle it's a simple peck on the lips, like this" She demonstrates on her hand showing me the simple kiss to the lips. I can do that, my mom used to give me kisses before I went to bed.

"Five minutes in heaven, well you're young you probably won't do much, but you might kiss and you'll kiss for a longer amount of time because you're alone so it isn't awkward" That's exactly my biggest worry, kissing.

"Yeah, I don't know how to do that, and the girls think I'm cool because I play football and I won't be cool if I can't kiss" She just laughs at me.

"You're cool either way Alex, but here, practice on your hands, there's two kisses, one that's just a long peck on the lips and one where there's tongue involved" Tongue? What the hell.

"The long peck is easy to do just kiss them and keep your lips on each other, it's the tongue kissing that's harder but I don't think you need to know that, girls won't at that age" She finally stands up but now I'm curious, I want to know about tongue kissing because then they'll think I'm cooler. Girls like experienced guys who know what they're doing.