E I G H T Y O N E

A L E X

The second Ivy and Kimani left it started to rain and honestly part of me wanted to tell her to wait and that I'd just drive her there the rest of the way but then I'd just be all obsessive and I mean I don't want to scare her away I just want to be there for her.

"You think they're in yet?" I ask Sasha who's reorganizing Kimanis gym shorts, he has OCD, well he denies he does but I think otherwise he never likes to come to terms with it.

He did the whole therapy thing, support groups, and some medications and I think he's started handling it a bit better but then again I'm not in his brain.

I just know I'll always be here for him even on his bad days cause he was my first friend.

In first grade, I remember he would always put all the crayons back in the box in the exact way that they came and one day I decided to be a menace so I purposely undid what he did and he got mad so the teacher made us seat partners and then we started to get along. He explained how when the crayons were mixed he started to get bothered by it and that it was mean of me to do it. I was seven so I thought he was just a weirdo.

However getting older I realized his mom was just like him, her house was extremely organized, and she could tell if you moved the lamp. She had this huge thing about germs and she would always get scared when Sasha was out of the house too late. But I thought that was like every other parent I guess it wasn't.

When he got older, specifically after she passed away he finally started realizing what was going on, but that's not my story to tell.

Sasha hates when I bring up OCD, he likes to pretend like it doesn't exist so I just go with it because it makes him happy.

"Are you listening to me Sasha" I repeat when I realize he's just counting over and over again.

"Yeah, they're in already Kimani texted me" He finally closes the draw when it looks done to his perfection.

"Okay, so where are we going first?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"Party city for the fairy lights, target for the rest" Offers and I agree.

"I've been to target a lot with Kimani, she loves this place, I always tell her to stop spending so much money there though because she works hard for the money she gets and I wouldn't want her blowing it all you know?" I think the moment I knew he was in love with her was that night of the party where Ivy and Jayden first kissed, Kimani and Sasha had been texting each other all night even though they were in the same room.

He talked about her for the whole day after that and he wouldn't shut up, I mean whole life based on Kimani, he wouldn't even touch another woman, not like he did anyways.

Sasha and I are different but alike. According to my old therapist, I'm hypersexual because of my childhood trauma with Sarah. Then according to freetherapy.com Sasha doesn't have much sex because his thoughts get in the way, I don't believe it though.

"Get the fairy lights and some blankets," Sasha tells me.

"No we don't need any more blankets because Ivy and Kimani both have about twenty each we just need sheet sets," I tell him and he turns to that section to get them.

Finally when we check out the cashiers look at us funny but Sasha and I ignore it.

"We're doing something for a friend's birthday" I speak up when he gives me another look.

I mean it's partially true.

Then after target, we decide to go to party city for junk food and candy instead of the lights.